Author Topic: Any Striper Chasers?  (Read 3012 times)

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
Re: Any Striper Chasers?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 27, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »
hey ship. what about my 19 ft cuddy cabin. i can ancor and you guys can just tie off to me hows that sound ahaha. or we could all go in my boat. times getting close im gonna need that info soooooon.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #16 on: Mar 27, 2011, 08:30:34 PM »
I think the magic number is 50*. Here's a link  ;).
http://www.rung.us/chas/rivtemp.pl

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Mar 28, 2011, 05:45:55 AM »
I think the magic number is 50*. Here's a link  ;).
http://www.rung.us/chas/rivtemp.pl

That whole 50 degree thing is a bunch of bs... (no insult intended) .....  but i have heard that so many times that i cringe   :o

The herring show up by mid april, and have year after year forever .... it is more of  a function of the lengthening days that get the herring to move and not the water temp.....  and as soon as there are herring here there are stripers..

My biggest fish ever up here was a 42 inch, 34 lb cow that we caught on 4/21 when the water was 41 degrees....     got it on chunk herring that we had netted in the creek...  and caught other fish as well that day.

Now...........   i will say that the herring won't hit the jigs much until the water gets over 50 .....  and by the time the bulk of the fish arrive after the initial wave the water has typically warmed to the 50 degree mark and everything really gets going.....   but as soon as there are some herring here there are stripers

If you can get your hands on herring early season is one of the best times to drift because the fish are spotty but the bait is really spotty so they really stand out ...  later in the year there are herring everywhere

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Mar 28, 2011, 05:46:49 AM »
hey ship. what about my 19 ft cuddy cabin. i can ancor and you guys can just tie off to me hows that sound ahaha. or we could all go in my boat. times getting close im gonna need that info soooooon.

if you've got the beer .....  i've got the time  :o

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Mar 28, 2011, 03:48:15 PM »
ill have to buy you a couple of beers then one of these days. it seems like its never going to warm up but these pictures im seeing is deff getting me pretty excited for my first striper season.

Offline TC Hunter

• Forked
« Reply #20 on: Mar 28, 2011, 05:01:51 PM »
Another good spot for early fish is off the mouth of the Catskill creek by River view Marine. And if you want earlier action you can truck on down and fish the kingston Rhyncliff bridge area, I have not been in a few years now but thats where we used to go. Good luck to you guys, and don't catch any brown trout.  :) I am still fishing perch on the King, best fishin of the season going on right now.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2011, 05:04:00 PM by TC Hunter »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal