Author Topic: 7 today  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
7 today
« on: Nov 29, 2020, 06:17:28 PM »
I saw 4 deer since blackpowder opened. Today 4 jumped off an island 20 yards behind me and swam for there lives across a beaver pond. This afternoon another little one swam the same bog, and 2 more came in on me while I was watching the little guy... 70 yards through trees, too far for the crossbow.  That made 7 deer today. I will take it!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: 7 today
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2020, 07:45:02 PM »
Good day!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2020, 05:59:19 AM »
Yup. Deer are moving. It was an exciting weekend.
I saw 11 yesterday. Couldn't get a shot on any of them.  :'(
Jumped 3 on Saturday in the thick swamps.
And Finally saw a few with my boy on Friday. They started to come in perfect, he was all ready with gun up, then they turned way left and up behind us in the blind. Oh well. It renewed his motivation.
Few weeks left.

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2020, 07:44:03 AM »
I'll take that kind of action any day!

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2020, 09:01:55 AM »
sounds like how my weekends have been going deer are always going the wrong direction or in the wrong place at the wrong time.. was checking some tracks on some powerlines down by me haven't seen many tracks in there all year but i figured worth a check walk in about 100 yds without my gun of course because not much going on every time we are in there look up from checking tracks and 30 yds in front of me is a decent buck looking the other way.... morale of the story don't check tracks without your gun!!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2020, 09:13:49 AM »
sounds like how my weekends have been going deer are always going the wrong direction or in the wrong place at the wrong time.. was checking some tracks on some powerlines down by me haven't seen many tracks in there all year but i figured worth a check walk in about 100 yds without my gun of course because not much going on every time we are in there look up from checking tracks and 30 yds in front of me is a decent buck looking the other way.... morale of the story don't check tracks without your gun!!
that's unfortunate..lol
That's why I always carry my 357 or 44 no matter where I am during deer season. Never know when you'll need it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal