Author Topic: Its been quiet here... Good luck today!  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
Its been quiet here... Good luck today!
« on: Nov 22, 2020, 04:43:31 AM »
For all that still have a tag to fill and are getting out there today- Good Luck! And let's hear about it later!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Its been quiet here... Good luck today!
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:28:17 AM »
Out here right now, a balmy 19 degrees but like beach weather in this Sitka Fanatic suit
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2020, 03:24:39 PM »
Yup. Was an awesome morning for a hunt. Nice n chilly.
Jumped a few in the swamps.
And you're right, it has been too quiet here, let's see some pics and hear some stories.
With several in the freezer, i'm being picky at this point, so no kills to share.   :-X
focusing more on my boy than anything else now. Difficult at best to get this 11 year old to sit still....lol
Good luck to all for the upcoming week!

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2020, 06:27:08 PM »
Had one spike walk right past me at 830 this morning... 3 yards... thought about just lunging with an arrow!...
11 year old, you think thats hard, I have been bringing my 4 year old. That has led me to believe I need to get a blind! Haha I dont think it matters much the age, not sure if I can remember when I learned to be patient, then again some times I could be more. Good on you for getting him out there!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2020, 06:48:32 AM »
My hats off to you Mtnman! Wow, 4 yrs old must be tough. And yes, a blind is very helpful.
My boy has been tagging along with me here and there since he was about 8, he's finally carrying his own gun now. The way I see it, with this challenging new generation of instant gratification and technology, at least they're out in the woods, even if we don't get a shot at one.
Good luck.

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2020, 08:51:32 AM »
Its been busy down here in southern nh for my group saw a combined total of 13 deer this past weekend got 2 more does to fill freezers and thin out the m tags finally got some big bucks moving but of course no-one could get a shot jumped a big 10 in a swamp we pushed. 15 feet in front of me but so thick i couldn't even get my 357 out of the holster fast enough to get a shot one of the guys saw it run to the point of the swamp where it meets the pond and go for a swim. swam across pond jumped up on shore shook and bounded off wish i could of seen that. Back at it again Thursday ,Friday ,Saturday and Sunday now i have my eyes on a prize..

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2020, 12:30:08 PM »
Out here right now, a balmy 19 degrees but like beach weather in this Sitka Fanatic suit

Expensive but the best thing Iv bought for cold weather sits.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2020, 07:02:59 PM »
Expensive but the best thing Iv bought for cold weather sits.

No doubt
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2020, 07:56:52 PM »
Thats a great weekend of hunting in my book h2l. Thanks for the story!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal