Author Topic: Elk heard croosing a road  (Read 13235 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
Elk heard croosing a road
« on: Apr 06, 2014, 05:25:29 PM »

One Elk got left behind, but with determination he makes the fence jump..

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/nature/post/elk-attempts-to-jump-fence-follow-massive-herd-but-fails-miserably/   

Offline mt.perchman

• 6 Pointer
Re: Elk heard croosing a road
« Reply #1 on: Apr 22, 2014, 07:10:23 PM »
Thanks for posting !
We were on are way up to big sky to work one day and just before the canyon closed up on both sides there was a hay field with hay piled up. Not to far from the road and there was elk just tearing it up lol.
Well as we go past the very large and long hay stack I see a small bull with one of the ropes to the tarp wrapped around his horns and he can't get away .
I stopped the truck ran accross the road jumped the fence and ran towards the hay stack . Out of sight of the tied up elk and got to the rope and give her a big slice to the rope ...off the elk went to the heard.
I'm very sure I would have gotten a trespassing ticket if I would have been seen.
I was on ..THE TED TURNER RANCH...
Any ways my crew just laughed at me. My forman said later , you just pulled over and took off running...lol they didn't know what was going on.

Mt.Perchman
LIVING THE DREAM IN BIG SKY MONTANA !!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2014, 07:35:26 PM »
Pretty cool..   ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!