Author Topic: Saftey by age  (Read 2012 times)

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
Saftey by age
« on: Mar 20, 2005, 09:04:53 AM »
OK gang, need a little help here. I know I have seen it quoted by reliable sources that 12-16 yr old hunters are amongst the safest. I need the stats to show a non-believer. This all stems from a heated discussion of the NYS bill to allow 14 yr olds to gun hunt.
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
Re: Saftey by age
« Reply #1 on: Mar 21, 2005, 01:24:47 PM »
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but up here in BC, Canada once a kid turns 10, he can apply for is CORE (Conservation and Outdoor Recreation Education) ticket which gives him the right to buy a hunting license. Until they are 12, they can hunt under parent supervision and share their parent's bag limit. Once they're 12, they can have their own bag limit. Once they're 18, they can apply for an FAC (Firearm Acquisition Certificate) and can buy and carry their own guns. But not until they're 19 can they hunt on their own.
I'm 18 now and will get my FAC shortly. I've been hunting since I was a little kid and I have to say that if you're being told that the 12-16 year old age bracket has to be one of the smallest and therefore have the least amount of incidences? Also, up here we have a very good education program and a very tough course to pass. You have to score at least 80% to pass. Does that help??
KRIS
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline allenca

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2005, 10:48:32 PM »
I agree young kids are ussally safer than adults I think it's because they are more cautius and less confident. But sorry to say I don't now of any satistics on this Ithink it would be a little hard to prove. good luck ;D ;D

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2005, 12:09:07 PM »
i agree with allenca puit a kid in the woods and all of a sudden they dont know it all and are a little insecure plus fresh outta sportsman ed they seen the pics of what could happen and have alot going on in their minds
i would think they are pretty safe because they check twice i would think the unsafe person is the one that gets picked on for not getting anything and just blasts away

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal