Author Topic: SCENTS!  (Read 1750 times)

Offline redeyes

• Forked
  • nothings better than being out in the woods
SCENTS!
« on: Dec 08, 2004, 07:49:20 PM »
I heard, on many other forums that pure vanilla will attract deer.  just pour it on the ground, or use it as a cover scent, and deer will come to investigate, has anybody tried it?
red

Offline DROP TINE

• Spiked
Re: SCENTS!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2004, 08:58:26 PM »
My buddy has and i can't remember if it worked for him or not.  I use a scent from a company called buck snort.  It sells for about 5 bucks and the bottle is decent sized.  It is a gel and man does it smell.  I comes in sweet apple, (i have that one), sweet corn, (got that one also), wild grape, wild persimmon, and acorn.  If you were to close your eyes and take a whif of that apple scent, you would think that you were ready to eat one, the same with the sweet corn, just like opening a can of corn.  The smell is unreal.  And yes it works, (atleast for me), i put it around the tree i'm in, on the ground or even on the tree itself to get the scent out quicker.  I gotta go i'll be back tomorrow.
LOOK AT DA SIZE A DAT ONE!!

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: SCENTS!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 29, 2005, 12:41:35 PM »
i had a friend that buried vanilla beans to see what would happen and they were dug up 2 days later with deer tracks all around (man i wish he had a trail cam) so i would say at the least it would work as a couriosity scent i wouldnt put it on unless you were up a tree though just in case

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal