Author Topic: Success so far?  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Camocruzr

• Nubbie
Success so far?
« on: Nov 09, 2004, 06:41:40 AM »
Just got back from deer camp.Our group(7) harvested 5-3 bucks two does.Real windy but all in all a good hunt.Camo

Offline deerhunter

• 6 Pointer
Re: Success so far?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2004, 05:57:56 AM »
where were you guys hunting?

Offline Fat Boy

• 6 Pointer
  • Whack 'em and stack 'em!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2004, 10:35:01 AM »
I got a doe the first Saturday after our bow season opened.  Since then I've passed on a basket 8, 2 spikes, and a doe (that didn't give me the best angle and was jumpy).  I've seen a nice buck and passed on another doe while waiting for that buck to come to me and he never gave me a shot.  It's been a good year though, lots of activity.  Just yesterday afternoon, I left my backpack on the ground next to my stand and a fox peed on it :P  Interesting stuff like that makes the season fun though!
-Kevin Wilson

"Rabbit, rabbit...5 O'clock...It's comin' right for us!"  http://fatboysoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Offline Camocruzr

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2004, 06:04:38 AM »
We are hunting in the Bracebridge area of central Ontario.Forgot to mention 8 ptr .on the first week of bow season.Deer was feeding all summer in a parsnip and carrot field-- everyone who has tasted this deer swears it is the finest venison they ever had.The meat is actually the color of veal.This deer was taken just north of Toronto.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal