Author Topic: Ruger Alaskan  (Read 5087 times)

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
Re: Ruger Alaskan
« Reply #15 on: Oct 12, 2005, 01:53:45 AM »
It will be about 4 months until I shoot it, because I am doing it in payments, so it will be a while.  Yeah, I hope to live in the bush someday soon, I almost did this year, but I backed out of my decision to go to school at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, due to friends and family that somehow talked me out of my lifelong dream, but at least I don't feel bad about leaving all of my hunting buddies, and I get to share another season with them.  I talked to you on iceshanty barleydog,  you probably remember, I am fish_slayer on there.  I guess i just want all the protection I can get.  I am sure once I get used to hunting around grizzlys I will probably opt out of carrying my pistol, but for my first experience way in the bush I want to be cocked locked and ready to rock for anything that may be waiting to maul me, I just don't want it to ever happen.  Thanks you as well for the interesting chat, maybe I'll run into you someday.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline bird dog

• Spiked
« Reply #16 on: Oct 12, 2005, 10:25:15 AM »
I would have to agree, this gun is all power, I don't really see the need. I live in N.Y. and am guite certain that I will not encounter anything that I would need all that gun for. Take care all.

Offline barleydog

• Spiked
« Reply #17 on: Oct 12, 2005, 04:12:29 PM »
Right on Fish Slayer!  I think you'll do fine in the woods up here, with or without your new cannon.  At least when I see you, i'll recognize you off the bat!  ;)  Good luck

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal