Author Topic: Looking for Rgfixit  (Read 5106 times)

Offline Bugman

• Spiked
  • Serenity and spiritual awareness is what I pursue
Looking for Rgfixit
« on: Oct 15, 2016, 06:57:49 PM »
I am new to forum and wondering if Rgfixit is still here. I will ask the question  just by chance he or someone else might be able to help. I have a savage 16 gauge autoloader that after 1 st shot it spits 1 or multiple shells out of loading port.I was told it was a shell stop issue .Also person who told me that said they could not find replacement part. If anyone thinks they can help me with this I can post the model and serial # s. ( Maybe part can be custom fabricated) Thanks Paul I
« Last Edit: Oct 16, 2016, 06:24:54 AM by Scott »

Offline Bugman

• Spiked
Re: Looking for Thickheads the
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2016, 07:14:24 PM »
I am new to forum and wondering if Rgfixit is still here. I will ask the question  just by chance he or someone else might be able to help. I have a savage 16 gauge autoloader that after 1 st shot it spits 1 or multiple shells out of loading port.I was told it was a shell stop issue .Also person who told me that said they could not find replacement part. If anyone thinks they can help me with this I can post the model and serial # s. ( Maybe part can be custom fabricated) Thanks Paul      I don't know I moderator can fix subject title or not but it was meant to read looking for Rgfixit ( darn spell check)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Looking for Rgfixit
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2016, 06:37:13 AM »
He's not on here much, mostly on the fishing sites but I will send him over this way....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2016, 08:45:46 AM »
Have you taken it to a gunsmith yet ? When was the last time it was completely disassembled  and cleaned? I mean a complete disassembly.

Rg

Offline Bugman

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2016, 10:59:49 AM »
Yes has been to gunsmith and supposedly   cleaned when they replaced spring for firing pin thx for responding. When I get home I will post number s just in case you know of other parts distributor

Offline RGFIXIT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2016, 12:07:37 PM »
Would that be a 700 series ...maybe a 720 or 755? Kind of looks like the Browning A-5?

Any good gunsmith can repair or rebuild the shell stop if that's really the source of the problem. I know that the shop I worked in would never return a firearm in a malfunctioning condition unless it was deemed unsafe to use in some way. 

Rg

Offline Bugman

• Spiked
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2016, 03:50:15 PM »
Savage model 775a

Offline Bugman

• Spiked
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2016, 03:58:02 PM »
I'm sure you're right lot of gunshops here more interested in making new sales than repairs I made a call earlier and got a line on a reputable gunsmith  I thank you for your time. Paul

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal