Author Topic: entry level muzzleloader  (Read 2751 times)

Offline whitetailfreak10990

• 6 Pointer
entry level muzzleloader
« on: Nov 10, 2013, 01:19:25 PM »
parents getting me one for christmas so i get to pick it out. never shot one before and dont want them spending to much money so around $250 if possible. saw the traditions buckstalker has good reviews also the thompson impact. anyone have experience with either or another gun around this price
chris

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
Re: entry level muzzleloader
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2013, 01:48:02 PM »
I have only owned a TC omega for a muzzleloader and love it never had a problem.  I have read good reviews for the impact as well. I personally would lean toward the impact just because I like TC they have great customer service and have meet had a problem with either TC brand guns I own but no experience with traditions. Hope some other people can chime in to help

Offline hickgtx600f4

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2013, 04:37:27 PM »
I have an Impact. Bottom line, LOVE IT!! simple and very accurate. i was looking at the wolf since we got my pop one for Christmas a few years back.I wanted stainless but they didn't have any. for a few bucks more i went with the Impact. very happy with it. my furthest i hunt with it is less than 100yds. so i sight in dead on at 100yds. overall. it shoots great and the gun fits me well. the main reason i went with stainless was that Ms.hick won a stainless encore muzzleloader and i loved how easy the clean up was. these are the only two inline's i have ever really messed with but head out to a gun shop and pick them all up and see what you like. the impact fit ME, maybe it will fit you as well. Good luck and happy gun hunting.

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 10, 2013, 06:03:03 PM »
Check cabelas,  the  wolf is built well, know 6/8 hunters who own them, very reasonable , luck.

Offline pipes18079

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2013, 07:47:10 PM »
I have a TC impact that I won in a raffle last year seems to shoot well I mainly use my bone collector while in woods but have shot the impact at the range many times had I known I was going to get lucky I wouldn't have bought the other one a few weeks before. My imput would be to go with the impact it's just a comfortable gun and shoots well.

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2013, 11:18:06 AM »
I have a CVA Kodiak, nickel with a synthetic stock.  I put a Bushnell scope on it and it's been great.  The only complaint I have is the open sites that came with it were plastic.  I never intended to use them and you can buy replacement metal sights for a couple bucks (not that you should have to!).  All in all I'm very happy with the firearm.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal