Author Topic: that time of year again....  (Read 3124 times)

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
that time of year again....
« on: Oct 15, 2013, 05:29:45 PM »
the rifles are flowing through my front door. atleast ppl arent waiting till two days before the season this year. i cant belive half the guys could hit a deer with these rifles the way some of the scopes are mounted. blows my mind.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
Re: that time of year again....
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2013, 06:06:28 PM »
dude tell me about it I worked at gander mountain while still in school and cant belive some of the junk people brought it or the people that bought a gun the night b4 the opener and asked to just have it bore sighted cuz its gonna be close enough....the pure laziness of some hunters just amazes me and its no wonder how some people can go years and years without killing a deer...I love this sport more then my wife lol JK if im not hunting im thinking about hunting or planting food plots hanging new stands or reading about hunting its my life and some people just don't seem to get that I guess..it takes more then just walking into the woods opening day for the first time and sitting on some stump were you can see a few hundred yards
« Last Edit: Oct 15, 2013, 06:28:25 PM by nyduckman »

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2013, 08:07:13 AM »
The worst thing is, that these "so called hunters" shoot a lot of deer every year. Use to see a lot of them in years past, but today not too many unless it is some young guy just starting out.....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 16, 2013, 09:07:59 AM »
it amazes me how many guys buy bases rings and a scope and screw it all together with no knowledge or regaurd to how many inch lbs to use on which screws. white knuckle the rings then wonder why the turrets wont adjust. and i cant imagine mountinga scope of any value without lapping the rings...

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2013, 09:48:23 AM »
Don't forget the guy who doesn't have time to make sure his firearm is dead on but has time to hunt  :-X
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2013, 10:25:03 AM »
Don't forget the guy who doesn't have time to make sure his firearm is dead on but has time to hunt  :-X
unfortunatly i know a handfull of these people.  i call them every year and tell them when im sighting in guns and they are always too busy. they frustrate me the most and i usually dont have time to help them track a wounded deer either. sorry buddy id love to help but im busy cutting up meat  8) 
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2013, 11:45:48 AM »
whats the point to line em up if u just shoot at sounds!! works for me 8)

Offline fishnmachine

• 8 Pointer
  • Take 'em!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 16, 2013, 01:16:31 PM »
whats the point to line em up if u just shoot at sounds!! works for me 8)
THAT is the scariest part!!!
It'll chew...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal