Author Topic: the call of nature  (Read 3507 times)

Offline jelliott

• Nubbie
  • They call me squirrel............
the call of nature
« on: Oct 12, 2007, 01:02:52 PM »
This happened to me last year which was my first hunting season and my first hunting trip.  Some of the guys from work took me hunting up in dixfield and three of them sat in another spot and me and another guy went to push the deer to them.  We no sooner got out of the car and were walking into the woods and a deer took off near us.  So he told me to go down the trail a little further and wait while he tried to push the deer out to me.  So i went to a corner and waited.  after a few minutes my stomach started talking to me.  i waited as long as i could but finally i had to go.  so i ran into the woods and did my thing.  Wouldnt ya know it was pine grove i ran into.  so then the guy i was hunting with ran down the trail yelling my name and i saw him run by but i didnt say nothin cause i was indispossed at the moment.  finally i found some leaves and hooked back up with the other guy.  Anyway the deer we were after ran past me while i was in the woods.  so i missed the deer.  word to the wise go before you go   

Offline jelliott

• Nubbie
  • They call me squirrel............
Re: the call of nature
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16, 2007, 06:05:10 PM »
my thought exactly

Offline grousemaster789

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 16, 2007, 06:25:47 PM »
haha I got in a tree stand and had the same problem so I only made it about 50 yrds from the tree stand. After I did my thing, i got back in the stand turned around and here comes a deer. I thought it was ironic that I can sit out there hours on end and not see a thing, but get out drop duce and here they come
"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers. It is difficult to exaggerate the importance of this fact." -Aldo Leopold

jimmie333

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2007, 02:54:25 PM »
No thats funny right there. Did you hunt in Maine because last week I walked into this place I've never been before and found a nice place to take a ground stand. I stood there for a little over 3 hours and happened to look around and found a pair of size 36 "fruit of the looms" briefs used as toilet paper.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal