Hunting by Game/Technique > Bowhunting
Check your Loop strings
(1/4) > >>
huntny30:
Made a bad shot on a big Doe Saturday AM, didn't hunt Sunday, when I got home from camp I went out back to shoot my bow to make sure it wasn't the issue, (I am pretty sure I hit a limb, but I have to rule out everything), half way in my draw my Loop String came undone, I'll tell you what my face isn't very pretty, had that happened when I was shooting at that doe I would have fell out of my stand and tested my harness, after a good amount of blood everywhere, my teeth are still in my head but it definitely was a wake up call.  I am very good at taking care of my stuff and I check it often but you never know when something is going to malfunction...if that happens in a tree and you aren't wearing a safety harness it can get REAL fast...after you laugh at me for having a fat/split lip like a scope coming back and cutting around your eye, make sure you look at this stuff, you never know, I have been bow hunting since 1991 and I have never had it happen but it only takes once...my hunting share that hopefully helps someone someday... Congrats to my Buddy Pat for getting a nice Archery 8 point!

Squirrel:
dang sorry to hear about the doe and your face. you are right tho thankfully it didnt happen while you were in your stand, glad you are ok and congrats to your buddy that is a great 8 pointer
chuckrudy:
never think to check the loop on my bow thanks for the heads  up. Glad you are ok.
huntny30:
Fixed now...new loop and new rest...starting from scratch...
nyduckman:
well I guess the only good thing about that is it didn't happen while hunting.. hope your face heals and your back hunting next weekend
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version