Author Topic: QDMA getting shoved down our throats  (Read 3409 times)

Offline REALITYCHECK

• Nubbie
QDMA getting shoved down our throats
« on: Oct 19, 2010, 09:00:57 PM »
I understand clearly what Quality Deer Management is.  I personally try to manage the deer on the property I hunt.  I have read many articles, watched on tv, and discussed it thoroughly with biologist, DNR officers, friends, and family.  And I have come to this conclusion.

The Michigan DNR is ramming Quality Deer Management down the throats of every hunter in the state.  Many of the "new" rules that have come about favor the idea of QDMA without actually saying it.  For instance. 

1. The "unlimited" bag limit on does.
2. The banning of baiting deer in the Lower Peninsula.

Am I wrong when I say these things.
 Why is it o.k. to have food plots, but not bait piles?
 Why is it o.k. to use deer urine from states that are known to have CWD and use it here to attract deer?
Why is it o.k. for the DNR to make rules as they see fit regardless of public opinion?

The opinions of few are setting the standards for hunting as they see fit.  They use dollars signs to guide the way laws are made, and not sound scientific studies.  Don't you find it odd that the market for food plots has grown exponentially?  Perhaps they had a hand in banning baiting.  And what about those insurance companies.  They could care less about QDMA or deer in general.  They would like to see less claims caused by car deer accidents.  You think maybe they have had a hand in setting these new standards for the doe harvest?  I will end with this.  I am leveling a charge against the DNR since they like to jump to conclusions so fast.  The DNR is violating the very hunting ethics that have shaped this state's deer herd.  There motivation......money.  What do have to say about that?

*note= I do not recognize the DNRE because it is just another scheme to funnel more dollars to the department of natural resources.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal