Author Topic: The generosity of fellow hunters  (Read 1504 times)

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
The generosity of fellow hunters
« on: Nov 20, 2007, 12:36:37 PM »
So the land that we leased to hunt just got passed down to the son of the owner and the son of the owners brother-in-laws friend became the new caretaker of the property. This is property that we have hunted for ten or more years.  The really cool thing is the caretaker DOES hunt but is still letting us hunt their AND he has found out that thier is two more woodlots that total probably sixty acres together that have been owned by the owner the whole time. He had to go around and kick trespassers off throughout these two woodlots, b/c they too have been hunting those woods for ten years but W/O permission. So all in all, we have come out on top considering me and my dad thought we lost the property and it's amazing how generous and respectful other hunters can be even with a sensitive subject like hunting on private property.  The caretaker hunts out there from time to time on weekends with a few friends but is a super nice guy, wants to hunt and work with us on the whole situation and overall it has come to benifit all of us.
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

Offline Lobes

• 6 Pointer
Re: The generosity of fellow hunters
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2007, 09:04:16 AM »
WHOA !!
HOW COOL IS THAT !!!
The best part is I think you also just made a new deer hunting friend.
You're the man !!!

NBG

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
Re: The generosity of fellow hunters
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2007, 09:55:30 AM »
Yeah, I don't think that happens too often! So we are setting up a deer drive with the guy on Sunday, I'll let ya know how we do on that.
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal