Author Topic: Another Gobbler Down  (Read 2203 times)

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
Another Gobbler Down
« on: May 09, 2021, 09:32:15 AM »
After a bunch of rookie yahoo hunters blew my hunt last weekend (grr), and passing on jakes all morning yesterday with my boy, I got some time out solo and finally put a gobbler on the table.
Perfect morning, perfect hunt. It was like an orchestra this morning. Birds gobbling, hens talking up a storm, deer hanging around. Doesn't get any better.
 I put myself right in their lap. First light, 4 hens flew down and landed 15-20 yards in front of me. Best live bait around. Here comes ole Tom right behind em struttin his stuff. 21.5 , 9" beard. He ain't the monster beard dragger I've been scouting but I'll take it for sure.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 09:37:53 AM by Huntnfish603 »

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Another Gobbler Down
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2021, 10:57:29 AM »
Nice job buddy! Guy I’ve been taking is just not built for it lol after the 100th bird busting him I think I’m done for the year lol
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2021, 11:37:22 AM »
Nice job buddy! Guy I’ve been taking is just not built for it lol after the 100th bird busting him I think I’m done for the year lol
lol...I can understand that frank. I'm sure you put many by him no doubt.
My rookie comment was directed to the hunters who didn't do any homework and came in and surrounded us after we got there at 415 setup perfectly. The headlamps were flashing through the woods and I heard the most awful calls on both sides of us at dawn. One guy sat right under a roost, blew that one out. Others wouldve come down in our lap but got blown out by the other idiot calling nonstop for an hour straight. Then I see them  literally trying to chase after them in the distance.wth..lol so frustrating.
The funniest was the guy we saw on our way out with 9 decoys setup 5 ft in front of their blind, and the dekes were all stuck in at angles sideways....too funny.
Anyway....that was my rant for the week.  ;D

Offline hesseltine32

• 12 Pointer
  • Run and Gun
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »
Nice bird congrats !

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 04:35:38 PM »
Great job..  Congratulations......
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2021, 05:16:42 PM »
lol...I can understand that frank. I'm sure you put many by him no doubt.
My rookie comment was directed to the hunters who didn't do any homework and came in and surrounded us after we got there at 415 setup perfectly. The headlamps were flashing through the woods and I heard the most awful calls on both sides of us at dawn. One guy sat right under a roost, blew that one out. Others wouldve come down in our lap but got blown out by the other idiot calling nonstop for an hour straight. Then I see them  literally trying to chase after them in the distance.wth..lol so frustrating.
The funniest was the guy we saw on our way out with 9 decoys setup 5 ft in front of their blind, and the dekes were all stuck in at angles sideways....too funny.
Anyway....that was my rant for the week.  ;D

If you have a headlamp it’s already game over in my opinion.chasing them will never work. Don’t get me started on deke setup  ::)

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 11:11:26 AM »
nice job!! got out sat and sun bunch of jakes and watched 3 deer 20yds in front of me feed for 45 min. still chasing the blue head!!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2021, 03:47:19 PM »
nice job!! got out sat and sun bunch of jakes and watched 3 deer 20yds in front of me feed for 45 min. still chasing the blue head!!

I heard that about you  :o ;D

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2021, 08:43:29 AM »
I heard that about you  :o ;D

I said I do, she said not anymore!! :( :'(

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2021, 09:36:05 AM »

I said I do, she said not anymore!! :( :'(

Ain’t that the way

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal