Author Topic: Goose is opening  (Read 2942 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Goose is opening
« on: Oct 19, 2010, 08:34:42 AM »
I just got a call from my friend at the farm asking me if I'm going goose hunting Saturday, he doesn't bow hunt. He said he's got a ton of them showing up. I might have to go over and bow hunt the sunrise and then switch gears to geese once they start flying. To bad we're supposed to finally do my grandparents roof Saturday :'(. Hope it gets postponed again.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Goose is opening
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2010, 08:46:21 AM »
Not sure about the weather this week end....haven't checked it yet. But hope if you get out for them your successful. Would be cool to shoot a deer, and then some geese.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19, 2010, 09:08:35 AM »
i sure hope to be out not to sure if they cut my corn yet..as of last week it was still standing so i might end up hunting a cut bean field down the road..good luck to everyone and i look forward to seeing the pictures

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Oct 19, 2010, 05:07:07 PM »
I've got a spot in Monroe County where corn was just cut across the street, and with luck, they'll cut the land I can get on before Saturday.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2010, 07:44:07 PM »
We got geese up the ole wazoo out here.  Saw maybe 1500 in one field, another 400 in the field on the other side of the hedgerow and then another 200 in the field across the street and this was all by 8:00AM and there were still a bunch of geese in the air.  I am having some minor difficulties fnding good numbers of ducks right now.  Seeing 50 here, 20 there.  The only good numbers of ducks I am seeing is no-mans land.  Posted tighter than Dolly Pardons sweater.  ;D    Looks like geese unless I stumble across some quacks in the next 3 days.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2010, 08:03:24 PM »
Good luck on the honkers guys.

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2010, 09:24:40 AM »
We got geese up the ole wazoo out here.  Saw maybe 1500 in one field, another 400 in the field on the other side of the hedgerow and then another 200 in the field across the street and this was all by 8:00AM and there were still a bunch of geese in the air.  I am having some minor difficulties fnding good numbers of ducks right now.  Seeing 50 here, 20 there.  The only good numbers of ducks I am seeing is no-mans land.  Posted tighter than Dolly Pardons sweater.  ;D    Looks like geese unless I stumble across some quacks in the next 3 days.
i hear ya there buddy..i never see any good numbers of ducks this early in the season..but i am seeing alot of geese so i pumped about this..now i just got to figure out if i want to hunt the south zone or west zone lol good luck to you and your party

Offline fowl mood

• 6 Pointer
  • waterfowl sicko
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2010, 07:42:23 PM »
i hear ya there buddy..i never see any good numbers of ducks this early in the season..but i am seeing alot of geese so i pumped about this..now i just got to figure out if i want to hunt the south zone or west zone lol good luck to you and your party

Thanks NYD.  Good luck to youse guys as well.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal