Author Topic: OH...............My..........................  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
OH...............My..........................
« on: Dec 16, 2012, 08:48:22 AM »
Here’s the 8 point buck, longest tine is 17 inches.  It’s already insured for
>    $10,000.00 and in a vault.  Rough estimate of the deer’s age by the DNR is 3 1Ž2 years
>    old, Boone and Crockett representative is scheduled to score the rack in about 40 days,
>    buck shot on opening day.  Trail camera pic’s started to show up after the buck was
>    shot; no one talked about it prior to the kill (imagine that).  I work with Tom (at
>    Lands End), after he shot it he said he couldn’t hardly talk without stammering like an
>    idiot,  he thought he only won the Lands End buck contest $60.00, until somebody
>    offered him $2000.00 and a new rifle at the registration station.  The drop tine is
>    longer than a roll of paper towels (about 13-14 inches) and the buck died with its head
>    upright, the drop tine stuck in the ground holding the buck’s head up as though it was
>    still alive and not dead.  That kinda freaked Tom out until he realized it was truly
>    dead.  Buck was shot with a .270.  He’s been fielding calls nationwide concerning the
>    buck, somebody took a photo of the buck hanging out of his Saturn when he was en-route
>    to the registration station (found out his name and address from his license plate).
>    Tom said it took four guys to load the thing into his Saturn; he had to call for help.
>    The buck was shot on private land near Ridgeway, ironically the land is for sale
>    now…………… Tom had it at the shop for a couple of days; it is an amazing rack of a
>    lifetime.
>
>    Green Scored 201 and has 17” G2s. Scored 180 net as a typical 8 which is 2 inches shy
>    of the world record. Shot just south of Ridgeway, WI.
>

"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
Re: OH...............My..........................
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2012, 08:50:47 AM »
Wow I think that I would have him mounted
no information

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2012, 08:51:02 AM »
Whoa!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline Inwellb4light

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2012, 08:58:32 AM »
World class deer!

Congrats to the hunter
"You can learn more about hunting deer with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life"  - Fred Bear

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2012, 09:01:22 AM »
I would imagine there's more to that story. It looks about as natural a 3.5 year old buck as the one hanging over his shoulder. That is one massive rack wherever it really came from.

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2012, 09:04:17 AM »
that sure is a dandy !
Bad decisions make for good stories !

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2012, 09:12:17 AM »
Has to be true......It's on the internet....and the great one posted it 8)

Bonjoure............ ;D ;D ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Step2Jimi

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2012, 09:40:16 AM »
Bog that was histerical, hahaha.

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
Nice buck no matter where he got it unless it was high fence then it is still a nice buck just not much of a hunt.

But guys I know we see deer like this and think high fence or pen raised etc. but my landlord showed me one he killed about eight miles from my cabin up on the national forest and I swear I have never seen anything like it in all my life. It puts the captal "H" in HOLY SH!T!!!!! Outside his family I doubt there are ten people in the world who have ever seen that rack as it hangs in his house and he is a very quiet private person. Then on top of that he took me up in his barn one day when I asked to see his buck from this year and he has it on a pile of horns from the bucks he has shot here over the past 35 - 40 years. Seriously over half of them would probably be deer of a lifetime for many people and he just tosses them on a pile in the loft of his barn because none of them come close to the two biggest he has mounted in his house and he says he only mounts the biggest ones, the rest were just "meat bucks" for him and his wife, same with the pile of elk antlers up there too, although there are less of those because this used to be an area where we could shoot cows and nobody who feeds their family from game would shoot a bull over a cow, especially in years when you could get two cows. Anyway, long story short, even though it sometimes looks high fence, my landlord is living proof that there are racks out there that are taken every year off public land that are bigger than anything we probably ever dreamed possible.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »
I agree 100% cornbread. There are a lot of impressive Rack's and animals grown in the wild by good old mother nature with none of man's assistance.  There are so many that are being "grown" buy deer farms now that it raises eyebrow's often unfortunately. Still an amazing animal though.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Wyoming Larry

• Forked
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »
As for the buck on the wall it looks like to me he is in a taxidermist shop, which would explain that.

Yes it is a taxidermy shop.  And the buck on the wall is a fairly good mule deer.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2012, 12:08:20 PM »
I meant that the odds of a pic and story of a big buck from the internet being the true story are pretty low. I didn't get the impression it was someone Raquettedacker knows.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2012, 12:38:04 PM »
Has to be true......It's on the internet....and the great one posted it 8)

Bonjoure............ ;D ;D ;D

Peddler sent it to me in an Email............ :P :P :P    Perdant Out....    Thats Loser Out for everyoue who dont know French......... :P
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2012, 12:39:42 PM »
Why hasn't peddler been on here?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2012, 12:40:13 PM »
Ya good question?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal