Author Topic: My 07 hunting season  (Read 4281 times)

Offline oakcreek

• Nubbie
My 07 hunting season
« on: Dec 14, 2007, 11:14:21 AM »
Well my season starts off in august had one hunter up from MD had some close encounters had he a shot at a buck but shot to low. I had my bear baits full and decided to sit one just to see what was comming in well this nice dark chocolate comes in stands broadside 15 yards make the shot runs 20 yards piles up right in site of my stand off to a good start first from any of my baits (skull 18 8/16 my personal best) The end of sept had two more hunters up from PA both had close encounters and on the second last day one of them had a shot but clipped a branch on route to the deer saved it's life. I hunted for moose in Oct seen this bull crossing a field tried to make a stalk but didn't get to the spot before he came out of this tree row so we followed him for 1/2 mile until he went into this slough he would not respond but would come to within 40 yards then trot off finally he catches our scent and takes off i grunt to him again and he responds i grunt back and he comes charging in stops at 15 feet and i shoot him almost straight on in self defence he spins and runs 50 yards stands in these populars i watch him fall we manage to get a loader right up to him and have him loaded in no time at all (41 1/2" scored 132 6/8 got back 554 lbs of meat the freezer is full. The second last week of archey /muzzle i had 3 more hunters up they all had opportunity's on deer but just not what hey came to MB for so the next week i still had a muzzle tag and archery tag hoping to get out with either i chose the muzzle rattled in a few bucks nothing to big though on the last Thurs. was out again went to this picked corn field set up to rattle getting ready looking down glanced back up and there he was put the scope on him realized i had 2 sets of this deers sheds pulled the trigger dropped him in his tracks (gross 135 weight 275 approx.) So 2 days left grab my bow head out both days and on Saturday at 5:25 this guy came into the horns shot him at 25 yards piled up at 30 my personal best archery buck.(gross 147 weight 175 approx.) I had a very good season didn't get anything with the rifle but had fun trying.

« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007, 12:49:05 PM by oakcreek »

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: My 07 hunting season
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2007, 01:48:50 PM »
I don't think anyone could argue that you didn't have a sucessful season. Very nice pictures!!!!!
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline BoneHead

• 8 Pointer
  • What a BoneHead!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2007, 01:51:14 PM »
Congratulations on an awesome season.

Offline TPB

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14, 2007, 03:15:23 PM »
Awesome stories and pics!
It's easier to beg forgiveness that to get permission.

Offline huntNH

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2007, 11:22:29 AM »
Looks like you had an awesome season - Congrats!
ice fishNH @ IS  fishNH @ MFF

Offline wardhillbilly

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2007, 06:31:22 PM »
you definatetly had a great season  where are you from?

Offline oakcreek

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2007, 11:09:05 PM »
you definatetly had a great season  where are you from?

I am from Glenboro, Manitoba

thanks for all the compliments everyone

Offline fish_finder

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 18, 2007, 06:37:20 AM »
Looks like you had an exceptional season, some beautiful animals
It flies it dies

Offline joe10

• Spiked
« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2008, 04:10:56 PM »
Looks like you had a great season congrads on all the beautiful animals  ;D ;D ;D ;D
i am here for the bucks<br />Not got to many but still there for em.

Offline northwoodsaddict

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Mar 26, 2008, 09:01:43 AM »
thats one heck of a season!!! that is one nice moose...how does the permit system work up there??
IceShanty=brookiebomber477

Offline oakcreek

• Nubbie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 26, 2008, 01:45:21 PM »
We are on a draw system for Moose and Elk for part of the province.  Deer and bear are over the counter unless your a non resident then you have to have a guide.  Elk is not avalible to non residents and the moose is only avalible in areas farther north and does'nt require a draw

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal