Hunting by Game/Technique > Bird Hunting

The Grouse Trip!!

(1/6) > >>

Deer-Downer:
 Well this Morning we got up at 6:40 and got to the Sandilands at 8:00 we drove down lots of Trails but saw nothing it was 12:00 and we had a gathering at 1:00 :-\ :-\.But after we thought that the back of the truck was empty we decided to head down one more Trail.

We drove down the trail and there was nothing we get to the end of the Trail where another road was so we took it sure enough halfway down the Trail theres a Ruffie standing there ;D so I get out put a Shell in the 20.gauge and say it's time to pound a Bird. ;DI det just past the bumper put the Gun up and BOOM!!I fold this Bird then we go and get him perfect shoot half the head was gone. ;D ;D

So we thought we'd go a little further turn around and head the other way down the Trail we get to a intersection and decide to go straight a quater way down this Trail there is Sprucie standing there so I get out load the Gun and look no Bird so my dad gets out 1 minute later we finally spot him again so I get on my knee for a clean shot 1 2 3 BOOM!!he goes down another perfect head shot. ;D ;D

So we keep on going another 2 hours pass and we have 5 birds finall count of the day.

1 Sprucie ;D
 4 Ruffies ;D

All in All it was a great day in the Woods and I am hoping to do it again soon. ;D ;D

need2hunt:
Congrats on the birds.  We went out and walked a bunch of trails yesterday also.  I was mostly scouting so I jumped a few birds that I should have seen but still came back with three spruce thanks to my little brother actually paying attention and looking for birds rather than deer sign.

Deer-Downer:
 Well I am glad that you got some N2H. ;D

pointer103:
Wow, I didn't know that driving down roads looking for birds was that exciting or still practiced.
Not to mention sporting....
Get a good dog, get out of the damn truck, and go into the woods!

In my area, central Mass, the coyotes and fisher cats have have taken there toll on the local grouse population.
My bitch is a great grouser, but we're not seeing the numbers we used to.
I'm going a bit further west and north, there's telling of good grousing there.
Maybe a week from Thursday.

Deer-Downer:
 Well that is a bad thing that the Grouse populations have gone down in your area.And we have drove in or Truck for Grouse for years we do still get out of Truck and walk a while to but we do most of our hunting in the Truck. ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version