MyHuntingForum Main > MHF Turkey Contest

2012 Turkey Contest Entry Thread.

(1/4) > >>

drobertsinMaryland:
Please post all necessary pictures of the bird to be counted under this thread. Thank you

Raquettedacker:
And Drobs gets his Moderator status.... ;D

drobertsinMaryland:
I should be revoked. Corny shot a bird with his bow this morning and I had no entry thread up. :o ::)

corny13:
Hey congrats Drobs!   Looks like Im first again this year!  I had posted some trail cam pics of my spot that was red hot this opening am.  I broke down and bought a DSD upright hen earlier this week.  My old (15yr old) decoys were looking pretty beat up. Yep she was expensive but I had a hen come in and attack her this am!  I have never seen this before.  About 1/2 hr later a jake came in with a 3-4" beard displaying to the hen, I decieded to pass and around 10am I can hear the flutter of a displaying tom, yelped , he gobbled back and within minutes was displaying in front of the blind.  A 15 yd sidewise shot into the wing area above the leg, thru and thru, he went about 40 yds.
I shoot a Mathew's bow, I have switched to Rage 1.75" turkey points, I use to use Spitfire points.  Note bow sling made by droberts!  Brought me Good Luck!

First pic is of the Hen about to attack the Dave Smith Decoy!

Pic of my Tom where I found him!

Pic of Blind set up.

Weight 21.47lbs

Beard 10"

Right spur broken off... 3/4"

Left spur....1 1/8"

Me with weapon, lucky Iceshanty cap and Myhunting bow sling!

corny13:
Forgot to add final score....60.22" :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version