Author Topic: STKAs TrailCam  (Read 156193 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: STKAs TrailCam
« Reply #255 on: Jun 17, 2011, 07:30:01 PM »
The big 8 on the wall was a three year proposition. My brother saw him first, and told me he was there. Then we kept seeing him around, mostly during bow, always out of range. He stayed pretty close to his home range. The snow finally was his down fall the year I shot him.
Found where he was staying during the day and just set up and waited. They don't usually move to much, unless someone keeps running them from their hiding spot. But even then it might not be to far away, just where people don't go... ;)

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #256 on: Jun 18, 2011, 05:21:57 AM »
This is the one I really want to see this year. Even though he was only a seven something about him just looks aweseome.

must b the big crotch ;D 
he's a good one steve hope you get some pics of him soon to confirm his survival. 
all but 1 of the nice deer i got on camera las yr are confirmed dead. but i heard an adjoining land owner shot a decent 8 so that prob accounts for that one too.
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #257 on: Jun 18, 2011, 09:22:39 AM »
I'm going to set up my third camera to try to get some picks of the the two sevens that were around last year. Any one have experience with following the same buck from year to year? Should I expect to see them on the same trail camera location?
That is a great question. Guess there are a few variables to think about. First one is he still alive(only way to answer that is with a pic or see him with your own eyes)? Do you believe this property to be the bucks core area?  Also, if there was a bigger buck around on another property and he is now gone will that 7 go and inhibit that area. Crops in an area from year to year can play a big roll in patterning him. Did you get any pics of him after September? That being said I rarely catch a big buck on the same trail. They may come thru that same area just on another trail close by. That was the case with Tiny Tim(had two pic of him using the same trail). Of course my property is more of a pass thru than a core area for a big buck. I would say you cant go wrong trying the camera on the same trails for a few weeks and see what happens. I hope he is still alive and you put your tag on him this season.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #258 on: Jun 18, 2011, 09:46:37 AM »
I didn't see any of those bucks once bow season started. I'm going to put the trail camera in the same spot for a while, but I'm going to move that treestand this summer.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #259 on: Jun 18, 2011, 12:30:05 PM »
I didn't see any of those bucks once bow season started. I'm going to put the trail camera in the same spot for a while, but I'm going to move that treestand this summer.
I know the feeling stka. Those bucks didnt get that big for no reason, thats why I love to hunt them. I just recently put my camera on the trail I caught Tiny on a few times. I couldnt find him in any of the other spots I hung the cameras so far.

During hunting season I will hunt different stand locations every couple of days rather than hunt one area all season. Provided the wind is right for that particular spot.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #260 on: Jun 18, 2011, 03:58:39 PM »
I may leave the stand in where I got all the pictures last year and move my chain in into the woods behind it. I'll hunt the ladder for a while and then try to catch them skirting it in the 2nd stand  ;). Here's a few of the 232 pictures and 29 videos from the last two weeks.

One of the best videos I got so far

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #261 on: Jun 18, 2011, 04:08:41 PM »
Great pics STKA!!  Some nice healthy looking deer.
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #262 on: Jun 18, 2011, 04:12:55 PM »
I do my management different, I only shoot small bucks  ;D.

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #263 on: Jun 18, 2011, 05:04:47 PM »
I do my management different, I only shoot small bucks  ;D.

They normally taste better that way...
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #264 on: Jun 18, 2011, 07:42:07 PM »
LOL...We should name him Ali!! He floats like a butterfly and stings like a bee...He got the bob and weave down....
As long as he doesn't give you the rope a dope.... ;)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #265 on: Jun 19, 2011, 07:18:32 AM »
Great pictures and video Steve...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #266 on: Jun 19, 2011, 07:25:10 AM »
All great stuff Steve.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #267 on: Jun 20, 2011, 08:16:16 AM »
 almost looks like the buck u have planned to shoot this year.  ;)  awesome vid stka.
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #268 on: Jun 20, 2011, 12:13:10 PM »
Lookin good stka.  Buck in the 4th pic same one thats on the video? Looks like they like the No Plow.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #269 on: Jun 20, 2011, 01:21:29 PM »
Thanks guys. I think that buck in the 4th picture is older. he has a gut hanging. plus his antlers are bigger He may be the same as the one in the two pictures after, but I can't tell. Any of those bucks that already have brow tines and are out near their ears will be plenty big for me this season. Figure they still have about three months to grow.

If deer learn to do that bobbing thing when we're trying to shoot them, archery season is going to get much harder.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal