Author Topic: Buying 1st bow need help?  (Read 2282 times)

Offline nofishin

• 6 Pointer
Re: Buying 1st bow need help?
« Reply #15 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:53:05 AM »
Try the bow shop in auburn.  he always has a bunch of used bows to sell. 
on that same note.  I have a hoyt MT sport That i don't use.  It is 10 years old and not perfict but it works and i have killed a ton of deer with it.  it is yours for $100.00. 

Offline vermonner

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:11:01 AM »
x2 on Kittery Trading Post.  I bought my first bow there and the pro at their archery shop was extremely helpful.  As a beginner, going to and establishing a rapport with a shop can be a good thing for all the 'new guy' stuff which crops up..

Offline MEdeerhunter

• Forked
« Reply #17 on: Dec 12, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »
I purchesed my first bow at howells in gray 2 years ago.  They carry the mission line of bows by mattews think I paid around $550 for mine but im sure they have good used trades for sale.  Iv had decnt luck with the mission bow killed 1 deer with it.  I have had a reoccuring problem with the string slide breaking and the second year I had the bow it exploded while i was drawing it back (broken cable).  Howells had the limbs, cables, strings, and bent cams replaced for me at no cost to me and it was done in 1 week.  Not sure why it happened but I have had absolutly no problems sence then.  They are deffinitly a good shop and mission seems to be a good first bow!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal