Author Topic: Area 45 Elk  (Read 3672 times)

Offline bigsky2

• Fawn
Area 45 Elk
« on: Aug 14, 2014, 04:16:55 PM »
I drew a type 9 tag for area 45 in the Big Horns. I have never hunted the area but have hiked in there quite a bit and always thought it would be a fun place to bow hunt so I put in for it this year. I have talked to a few people that have hunted the area but it doesn't seem like the advice I am getting from them is very reliable. I am taking two weeks of vacation to hunt the area, with my dad coming along the first week. I am open to packing in but not so much my dad, so I am trying to find some places where we can have good hunting by just walking from camp where our truck is. I know there are probably plenty of places like this if a guy is willing to shoot any bull he sees but I am holding out for a 320 bull or better. I was hoping someone could send me a PM and point me in the right direction. I am not asking for anyone's honey hole but this is my last year of residency as I just moved so I will probably never hunt the unit again.

I would also be open to hearing about some spots to check out that are farther from the trails because once my dad leaves I will be going wherever I can find a big bull. Any advice is much appreciated!

Offline allornothing

• Forked
  • I always tell the truth, even when I lie.
Re: Area 45 Elk
« Reply #1 on: Aug 15, 2014, 11:01:04 AM »
I've personally never hunted that area but I do know that some real nice elk can be taken out of there, great tag to draw.  If you don't find the info your looking for in this forum, you might check out Eastman's forum, there are a lot of guys who hunt Wyoming on there that may be of some help.  Good luck this year, I'll be on the other side of the hill from you in 34.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will. -Vince Lombardi

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal