Author Topic: Opening day!!!  (Read 1664 times)

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
Opening day!!!
« on: Oct 30, 2020, 08:55:06 AM »
Good luck out there tomorrow everyone going to be a good year!!! shoot straight and be safe

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
Re: Opening day!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2020, 10:49:14 AM »
Yup! I'm ready.
This snow makes it interesting. Already 2-3" where I'm at.
Doesn't change my plan though. I'll be sitting for the long haul. Let all the yahoos chasing deer in the snow push em right to me.  ;D
Good luck out there boys and girls
« Last Edit: Oct 30, 2020, 10:53:22 AM by Huntnfish603 »

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2020, 11:33:31 AM »
Let’s goooooo!

Just got home and am starting a 16 day much needed Vacation after only 12 days off since mid March when the Covid came and first vaca in a year. I’m going to enjoy it!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2020, 11:34:23 AM »
Hopefully put a few down but have time to let the body and mind heal and rest up/catch up a bit

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 30, 2020, 11:43:01 AM »
Good luck everyone! No hunting for me tomorrow. Wife is working until about 1 then it's trick or treat/dad duties in the afternoon and evening. I'll get out for a few hours on Sunday morning, just can't decide where to go.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Oct 30, 2020, 11:49:29 AM »
Hopefully put a few down but have time to let the body and mind heal and rest up/catch up a bit
Sounds well deserved brother!.. For both body and mind.
One of my favorite quotes..."into the woods I go, to lose my mind and find my soul"

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2020, 11:59:21 AM »
Good luck everyone! No hunting for me tomorrow. Wife is working until about 1 then it's trick or treat/dad duties in the afternoon and evening. I'll get out for a few hours on Sunday morning, just can't decide where to go.

Trick or treat tonight for us, I made out on that one!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2020, 11:59:45 AM »
Sounds well deserved brother!.. For both body and mind.
One of my favorite quotes..."into the woods I go, to lose my mind and find my soul"

Absolutely

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Oct 30, 2020, 01:12:58 PM »

Don't worry it gets better both mine are 13 and 16 they gave up on trick or treat too busy tic tocking :o we just leave a candy bowl at the door, between the dog staring them down on the other side of the storm door and hopefully deer hanging next to the garage by then. We surprisingly always have candy left over  :) :)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2020, 04:21:23 PM »

Don't worry it gets better both mine are 13 and 16 they gave up on trick or treat too busy tic tocking :o we just leave a candy bowl at the door, between the dog staring them down on the other side of the storm door and hopefully deer hanging next to the garage by then. We surprisingly always have candy left over  :) :)

Oh don’t get me started on tik tocking. Mine 13 and 10 will be doing that $&!t while they trick or treat.

Things are different now I guess. They do about a 1 mile loop and fill a smallish bag and are content, I remember strategically plotting out plans and riding bikes and filling 2 pillow cases  ;D

More ambition but maybe it’s cause I didn’t have tok tok lol nothing else to do

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2020, 05:51:46 PM »

Oh I don't mind all that much. I try to remind myself that they only have so long to do this. We've got some friends in the neighborhood so there's some plans to hang out in the afternoon with the other adults in the neighborhood and have some beverages. I won't be suffering to bad. But I will most definitely be wondering if a big buck is walking past one of my stands.....My oldest daughter is 9, I'm sure my tick tock days or what ever other dumb new app is not far away.

Offline Dirt23

• Forked
« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2020, 07:12:14 PM »
Can't wait nice temps should keep the boys roaming and hopefully lady's aren't quite there yet.  Give em the news tomorrow!! good luck

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal