MHF US Midwest > Hunting Indiana

Indiana Squirrel Season 2005

(1/2) > >>

bobberstop:
 The 2005 season opens August 15th. Who will be in the woods Monday morning. I will be out early

bobberstop:
Well opening day is here. I went out and was in the woods at 6 am. It started to rain at 7 15 am, so i came out one short of a limit. The new .17 cal is just awesome. I was walking into the woods and hadn't gone 50 feet and heard one cutting,watched the hickory tree, and saw him, one shot one squirrel. I moved over to pick him up and saw another one. Got him too. Hadn't been in the woods 5 minutes and 2 squirrels. I walked over to my favorite hickory tree and on the way i heard a deer snort about 10 times.I saw a doe with twin fawns sneaking out of the woods.I finally got to the hickory tree and watched for about 15 minutes and saw the third one,got her too,left her lay and watched the tree and saw 4th one and got her.I saw several more but too far to shoot at. Then it started to rain,so I picked up my 4 squirrels and went to the truck,didn't want to get my new rifle wet lol      RON

Bobman:
Looks like you had a quick efficient day in the woods with a nice dinner to follow!  That .17 sure does a number on the squirrels.  I asked about it last year and most of the responses I got were that it was too much gun for squirrels.  Maybe I should just get one anyway.  Good job!

bobberstop:
Bobman heres what you said,       I asked about it last year and most of the responses I got were that it was too much gun for squirrels.  Maybe I should just get one anyway.  Good job!
[/quote]

My answer is, its all in shot placement, as you can see in my pics. Hit them anywhere but the head youve lost meat.     Ron

bobberstop:
Friday Sept. 2nd. I went out this morning and got a limit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version