Hunting by Game/Technique > Predator Calling
Bait or Call? Day or night?
(1/5) > >>
trying to get my first:
I have SO many dogs on the land i Hunt its not even funny its killing my deer heard. I saw one last week while deer hunting couldn't get a shot off. So my question is I'm new to yote hunting. Do you bait them and sit and wait right before dark. Or break the bank get a electronic caller and call those suckers in. Thanks for the help!
Raquettedacker:
I would do both...    And you can get a Johnny Stewart call for $100...    Calling on a full moon with snow on the ground is fun...
bone_and_beard:
cabelas has wireless fox pros on sale for 120 bucks they work very well.
aquaassassin:
I keep it simple and cheap and do extremly well. Mouth calls from Johnny stewart Pc-1 and 3 I think I have. Also the flextone all in distress rabbit. I have the long range Mick Lacy too probably my favorite it sounds the best to me but have killed the most with the green Stewart one. I don't use any bait. sunup is best for me with a dusk in second. In the winter they come in all day though. Never stay more than an hour. if they arent there in a hr. they won't come. Says so on all the videos too. I do most of my hunting in the woods most do it in fields though. I use my Benelli Supernova 12 ga. mostly with a Carlsons dead coyote choke and hevi shot coyote loads. It is a lot of fun and helps your deer at the same time. Never saw a single one this year..........
stka:
No need to break the bank on an electronic call. Cheack this one out, we made 2-3 of them and they work very well. A big plus is that you can download and edit your own calls.http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm#El-Cheapo The whole site is good, but the call is worth making for sure.

--- Quote from: Raquettedacker on Nov 15, 2012, 05:55:00 PM ---    Calling on a full moon with snow on the ground is fun...

--- End quote ---

I like hunting them at night with a bright moon. My friend and his daughter will have their AR15's fitted with lasers by the time deer season is over. One green and one red, that would be really cool to see when they light them up in the twilight on a pack of coyotes  ;D.

I saved all the scraps and bones from butchering for bait, will do it with any others we get too.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version