Author Topic: Possum  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Duce

• Forked
Possum
« on: Nov 15, 2008, 08:51:10 AM »
Does any thing eat these nasty little buggers? I can't keep them out of my traps and I don't seem to be catching any thing else. Got a gray fox a few weeks ago and thats it. No reds, no coyotes, no coons just possums, they're every where. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Offline duck slayer

• Spiked
Re: Possum
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2008, 07:09:40 PM »
i dont know exactly what would try to eat them but coyotes would probably try  ??? either way they are worth a little probably 2 would pay for the gas for the day :) , what are you using for sets/lures

Offline Duce

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 16, 2008, 08:41:29 AM »
i dont know exactly what would try to eat them but coyotes would probably try  ??? either way they are worth a little probably 2 would pay for the gas for the day :) , what are you using for sets/lures

dirt holes. some baited w/ chunk mackeral. some w/ bacon ends. and a bit of skunk gland. Always worked before. even reboiled the traps

Offline duck slayer

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Nov 16, 2008, 05:58:13 PM »
don't really trap coyote or fox just occasional sets here and there, i just use coyote or fox urine on a scent post and set o trap on either side. As for the coons I mix fish oil, anise, and some call lure together. Pail sets with sardines in the back of the bucket work good but you have to be careful of trap thieves, or just make some blind sets

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2008, 03:43:24 PM »
Maybe if you switched from Food Baits to Lures you wouldn't catch so many Possums.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal