Author Topic: Success !  (Read 3363 times)

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
Success !
« on: Oct 27, 2008, 07:30:03 PM »
Today my son caught his first ever fox. Female gray in a #2 we had set for coyotes. I have a picture trying to figure out the photobucket thing.
Last year was the first time in 25 +/- years I set a trap. Son expressed an interest so off we went. Last years total was 1 skunk and 1 'posum.  Already surpassed that, we're pretty pleased with ourselves
Fight crime. Shoot back!

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
Re: Success !
« Reply #1 on: Oct 29, 2008, 05:59:34 AM »
Congratulations!    Those Greys sure are neat lookin critters. Still trying to trap my 1st... I'll post the pic for you if you like? Just email it to [email protected]

Offline BoneHead

• 8 Pointer
  • What a BoneHead!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2008, 10:13:39 AM »
Today my son caught his first ever fox. Female gray in a #2 we had set for coyotes. I have a picture trying to figure out the photobucket thing.
Last year was the first time in 25 +/- years I set a trap. Son expressed an interest so off we went. Last years total was 1 skunk and 1 'posum.  Already surpassed that, we're pretty pleased with ourselves

awesome, well done. If you want you can email me the picture and I can post it for you. Did you skin it? what do you have planned with the fur?

Offline ALASKANSS

• 6 Pointer
  • HUNTIN'MOONSHINE ISLAND
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2008, 04:46:26 PM »
congrats on the fox,me and my son are going to set a few conibears for fisher this year,hes to young to hunt so i told him we could do a little trappin!

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2008, 07:01:39 PM »
Thanks guy's. Fox is stretched and drying on the board now.  I appreciate the offer to post pics for me but you have no idea how computer illiterate I am. I don't have an E-mail address, never needed one. I have no idea how to get a picture from the camera to the computer ( I can get it from the camera to the print dock) I'm not a tech type of guy. Believe it or not I do not and never have owned a cell phone. I'm just a simple guy leading a simple life. Hell if my son didn't need this thing for school I wouldn't own a computer
Fight crime. Shoot back!

Offline animalkilla

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2008, 06:47:16 PM »
ive caught 8 reds and 10 coyotes so far  love getting rid of the yotes  great to get the kids involved lots offun

Offline pooley

• 6 Pointer
  • don't shoot the 2 legged dear!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 31, 2008, 07:37:03 PM »
Thanks guy's. Fox is stretched and drying on the board now.  I appreciate the offer to post pics for me but you have no idea how computer illiterate I am. I don't have an E-mail address, never needed one. I have no idea how to get a picture from the camera to the computer ( I can get it from the camera to the print dock) I'm not a tech type of guy. Believe it or not I do not and never have owned a cell phone. I'm just a simple guy leading a simple life. Hell if my son didn't need this thing for school I wouldn't own a computer

i can teach you how to post pictures. it's easier than you think. PM me.

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 22, 2008, 08:55:10 AM »

***** UPDATE****

Fur price seems to have crashed with the economy. Son took his gray fox to the fur auction. Got a bit over $22.00 for it which seemed to be the going price for gray's.  More than the coyotes were bringing.......
Fight crime. Shoot back!

Offline minnowguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Dec 26, 2008, 09:26:18 AM »
Good job with the son keep him going. If your camera is digital you can take the card out and most printers have a slot you can just put the card into and it will ask you what you want to do with it. IF you get that far email one of us and we will help you get the pic posted for you. Good luck M.G.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal