Author Topic: Quiet site, noisy hunting grounds!  (Read 916 times)

Offline NHAngler

• Forked
Quiet site, noisy hunting grounds!
« on: Oct 29, 2011, 03:43:52 PM »
Hope this means most of you got to get out today. I got out for the morning then home for the honey do list that needed to get done for this storm.

1st day out for me as I don't bow hunt. Saw 2 doe and 1 buck. 1st doe was probably just watching me. I saw it after some travel time. Paused, looked around and from a distance say this pair of eyes looking at me, then it disappeared. In thick brush so I could not tell the size. Saw the buck from a very long distance from the nocs and think it was someone else that jumped it. Later someone claimed to have jumped it in that area. Last deer I saw I was standing over for about 20 minutes. Turns out it was bedded down no more than 100 feet from me in the tall grass. As I turned to walk off she jumped and ran behind me. Turned around but no shot.

Lots of fresh scat and scrapes everywhere. Funny part is that I have been driving by this monster doe down the street from my house every night this week after work. Thinking about taking a walk now actually.

« Last Edit: Oct 29, 2011, 03:46:19 PM by NHAngler »

Offline dt5150

• 6 Pointer
Re: Quiet site, noisy hunting grounds!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
went out saturday. didn't see too much, although i don't have much confidence in the area i was hunting. jumped a couple good sized does but couldn't get a shot, that was it. not much shootin going on either.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal