Author Topic: One from my father  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
One from my father
« on: Nov 01, 2020, 05:24:14 PM »
2020 has been an interesting one thats fr sure. Right about the time I start checking in here I had an unexpected turn of events. My father, my best friend and hunting partner, passed suddenly at only 56. We had just been starting our hunting plans for the season. Needless to say I spent opening day with a different feeling than usual, mostly thinking of not hunting with him. I laughed when I went to sit in his favorite hunting spot yesterday afternoon to find that a bear and a few does left their mark in the snow right in front of it, and of course I wasn't there. All I could think was that dad had made that happen just to mess with me. Spent the day deep in thought without seeing any action. This morning, 7 weeks to the minute since he passed, a decent spike horn walked out 30 yards broadside. I took the gift that was given to me, 25 minutes into my sit. Given that I didn't try to buy my m tags till after they sold out this year, my nh hunting for deer is over. I guess I am off to Maine, back to where I grew up hunting, to try for another. Aquaassasin. I just picked up some land in your neck of the woods. Did you leave any deer?

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: One from my father
« Reply #1 on: Nov 01, 2020, 06:19:45 PM »
Hey buddy, my heart breaks for you man truly. You and your father are in my thoughts. I definitely left a few seeds for you to capitalize on and I hope you do. Shoot me a message on where you are at.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Nov 01, 2020, 06:20:28 PM »
And congrats! Sounds like a perfect season to me

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Nov 01, 2020, 06:28:26 PM »
Thanks Frank! Your right on the perfect season, especially after many close encounters but not one to tag last year

Offline Dirt23

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Nov 01, 2020, 06:35:16 PM »
Condolences couldn't imagine loosing best hunting buddy mentor and father.  Good start to season I'm sure the old man is looking out for you still. Put it to em this season make him proud

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Nov 01, 2020, 07:06:52 PM »
Thanks Dirt. The loss is tough for me, but tougher because of my 2 little ones. My 4 year old was just starting to enjoy going fishing with Grumpy, and this year was supposed to be his first hunting outing with him. I keep telling him he is there with us, and we know my father will send the bigger fish his way!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2020, 07:09:25 PM »
Yessa!

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2020, 10:11:45 PM »
My sincere condolences on your loss. I never got to know my grandfather who hunted, but as your story show's, he will be there with you and your kids for many hunts to come in spirit and watching over.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #8 on: Nov 02, 2020, 05:01:59 AM »
Sorry for your loss.
 Congratulations on filling a tag.
Good luck in Maine.
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #9 on: Nov 02, 2020, 05:17:19 AM »
Congrats and sorry for your loss. My Dad is always in the woods with me....h2l
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Nov 02, 2020, 08:51:42 AM »
Congrats and sincere condolences may he rest in piece

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 02, 2020, 03:51:00 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss. Never easy to lose a loved one. Sounds like you had some good times and I'm sure he's watching over your family.
Congrats on the spike.

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Nov 02, 2020, 04:46:23 PM »
Sorry to hear about your father. Congrats on the deer and good luck with the rest of your season in Maine.

Offline Mtnman

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Nov 03, 2020, 06:10:29 PM »
Thank you all for te kind words, and may his spirit help you all out in the woods this season!

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #14 on: Dec 09, 2020, 02:29:04 AM »
Mtnman, condolences to you and your family. I couldn't imagine losing my Dad who is my hero and best friend. Congrats on the buck and I'm sure that Pops sent him your way. God bless

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal