Author Topic: Punched a M tag Sunday  (Read 1994 times)

Offline Adrock

• 6 Pointer
Punched a M tag Sunday
« on: Nov 29, 2016, 12:04:18 PM »
Went down to the in-laws for a second thanksgiving and slipped out back for a quick afternoon hunt. Checked the trail camera I had back there for the first time in about a month and got a couple pics of a nice 8 pointer so that immediately got me super focused. Spotted some movement and made out 3 does headed my way, one little one, one medium one, and one bigger one. The medium one was coming in to a shooting lane when I noticed that the bigger one was on the same track. Passed on the medium one in the hopes that bigger one would keep on the same track. She stopped short of the shooting lane, the ground blind i was in must have caught her attention because she turned and started walking straight at me. I had her head in the cross hairs at about 40 yards but it wasn't a shot I was comfortable taking. Waited and waited and she eventually turned enough to give me an opening at vitals. She was still quartering to me pretty hard but I decided it was now or never before she bolted. Pulled the trigger and she mule kicked about 6 ft in the air and took off. Found her piled up about 70 yds away. Slug hit her in the heart but caught stomach on the way out so it was a messy gut job to say the least. Not the hugest deer in the woods (checked in at 105 lbs) but after eating tag soup last year couldn't be happier about the way it turned out. Also it's my first deer with a gun so I'm happy to finally break that seal.

Couple weeks left in the season going to keep grinding and hopefully I can turn in my first multiple deer season and add to the meat collection. Good luck to everyone the last couple weeks!

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Re: Punched a M tag Sunday
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2016, 02:27:35 PM »

Got good one nothing wrong with that , Tag soup don't taste that good ; Congrads to you

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Nov 29, 2016, 04:10:16 PM »
Congratulations. I've done the clean up after putting a slug through one the long way, only deer I ever hosed out  :o.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #3 on: Nov 29, 2016, 05:41:39 PM »
Atta boy! Congrats bud!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline bassranger

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2016, 06:17:07 PM »
Congrats! Perfect size doe.

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2016, 03:37:14 AM »
Nothing at all wrong with a 100 lb doe, I know cause I got one last week...Congrats!!!!

Offline sharpshooter

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2016, 08:11:46 AM »
nice deer congrads should be good eating

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal