Author Topic: Welcome benny8  (Read 2922 times)

Online Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Welcome benny8
« on: Jan 13, 2020, 06:15:55 PM »
 benny8  welcome to the site , tell us a little about yourself and your hobbies .  ;D  Other than your on shanty and make awesome tip ups and like fishing with your wife ,daughter and the little one..... ;)  I understand you shoot some nice deer and like cooking on the ice...   8)

« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2020, 06:22:21 PM by Raquettedacker »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: Welcome benny8
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2020, 06:23:40 PM »
Welcome!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2020, 02:56:42 AM »
Hey guys! Thanks AA for letting me know about this forum! I am 46 years old and I'm a Toolmaker with Ruger Firearms in Newport, NH. Been with the company for 25 years. I enjoy Deer Hunting, Ice Fishing, Knife making, waterfowling, shed hunting and spending time up at the Shamp. The Shamp is our Deer Camp. Got the name from starting out as a shed and morphed into our camp. I am also a member of the Hunting Chat Forum. On there I have the building of the Shamp in the New Hampshire Forum. We built the Shamp in 14 days during the summer shutdown. My Dad, my wife and daughter and myself. That was piers to weather tight. Then on weekends after that we finished the inside. The cabin is 16x20 with a covered porch on the front that is 16x8. Last year we enclosed the porch making it into a screened porch. Much nicer to sit outside during the summer months when the mosquitos and black flies can't carry you off. Our family pretty much works and lives deer hunting. As a family, we scout, shed hunt, move treestands, place and check cameras. Last year(2019)  on the opening day of Muzzleloader, my wife Christened the Shamp by killing the first deer. It was a 130 lb doe. The next night I shot a 185 lb 8 point. I will say that we are meat hunters. I'm not opposed to shooting a doe or any legal buck. My wife has had three failed shoulder surgeries and when it gets cold, hunting is pretty much over for her. So, we concentrate on trying to get one in front of her during the mild weather. If she fills a tag, then I will be more selective on what I shoot for a buck. We just enjoy being out together. We sit together a majority of the time. That's why we like buddy stands. I was sitting with her when she shot her doe, and she was with me the following evening for my buck. My daughter works full time and goes to college full time, so hunting for her is limited. But on Thanksgiving morning 2015, we were sitting together in a buddy stand when a beautiful 8 point buck stepped out. She dropped him in his track with her Ruger American Compact .243. It was her first deer ever and it weighed 150 lbs. I am truly a blessed man.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2020, 04:51:18 AM »
Anytime! Glad you joined. I am a Ruger fan myself this Buck fell to a .308 compact

I also have a .44 Carbine the kids run, got the old man a aught 6 American this year and I have a gorgeous Redhawk as well.

I knew you sounded familiar, And your posts showed you were forum savvy. I Am very familiar with your Shamp. I grew away from that other site but made a couple friends there. SwampSavage is my handle.

Online Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2020, 05:08:58 AM »
Wow great camp..  Very nice.
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2020, 05:37:45 AM »
Welcome Benny. Very nice camp....h2l
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2020, 07:54:54 AM »
Anytime! Glad you joined. I am a Ruger fan myself this Buck fell to a .308 compact

I also have a .44 Carbine the kids run, got the old man a aught 6 American this year and I have a gorgeous Redhawk as well.

I knew you sounded familiar, And your posts showed you were forum savvy. I Am very familiar with your Shamp. I grew away from that other site but made a couple friends there. SwampSavage is my handle.
Good looking deer. Beautiful M77 Compact. I have a Ruger American Compact in .308 that I have taken 2 bucks with and my Dad has taken one with it. My 20 year gun was a No. 1 chambered in ought six. Beautiful gun that I take for a walk sometimes, but it is too beautiful to mark up. I worked in single action for 18 years before my toolmaking career. I actually built my own .357 Blackhawk Convertible before taking on the toolmaking job. Built it from start to finish less the casting. Hopefully my daughter can hand it down to one of her children or grandchildren some day.
Wow great camp..  Very nice.

Welcome Benny. Very nice camp....h2l
Thanks guys!

Aaron

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2020, 10:54:55 AM »
Very Nice!

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2020, 03:52:22 AM »

Welcome benny8 to MHF, What a great family you have hard working a hard playing. Good job. :)

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2020, 08:15:21 AM »
Great intro benny8, welcome and looking forward to your posts once hunting is back in the swing. Beautiful cabin you all have, and worked for!

Offline benny8

• Forked
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2020, 02:42:25 AM »

Welcome benny8 to MHF, What a great family you have hard working a hard playing. Good job. :)
Thanks 30-30!
Great intro benny8, welcome and looking forward to your posts once hunting is back in the swing. Beautiful cabin you all have, and worked for!
Thanks zwiggles! It was a dream finally realized! My Dad taught me at an early age that if you want something, work your butt off for it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal