Author Topic: Finally  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
Finally
« on: Oct 11, 2006, 01:56:42 PM »
 Well yesterday I finally got my first goose of the season and droped him lake a sack of potatoes. We have gone out 5 times already and have only shot 8 geese and this only happened when we bought our final approach shell decoys. Last year when we didn't have them everything was good one time we shot 13 geese between the three of us so we may try a set without them to see how it works. Well that is if there are any gesse left we got a half decent dumping of snow and temps were down to -11 c and this morning it was geese every where you looked way high up and headed south.
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: Finally
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2006, 03:08:46 PM »
Well yesterday I finally got my first goose of the season and droped him lake a sack of potatoes. We have gone out 5 times already and have only shot 8 geese and this only happened when we bought our final approach shell decoys. Last year when we didn't have them everything was good one time we shot 13 geese between the three of us so we may try a set without them to see how it works. Well that is if there are any gesse left we got a half decent dumping of snow and temps were down to -11 c and this morning it was geese every where you looked way high up and headed south.

Congrats.
I'm glad to hear the geese are heaading South, I'll be hunting them in NW North Dakota in 2 1/2 weeks and I hope they are down!  ;D
Adam

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
Re: Finally
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2006, 07:21:56 AM »
there are geese EVERYWHERE in michigan right now...locals and migrators..

one thing about decoys deer downer..if you guys have never used them before...chances are the set ups a little wrong. ..keep experimenting...leave at least a 45 yard area withing shooting distance for them to land...face them generally into the wind. decoys used properly will always beat none.
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal