Author Topic: sky busters ???  (Read 6209 times)

Offline spoonfed

• Spiked
  • anti hunters suck
sky busters ???
« on: Sep 01, 2006, 11:55:41 AM »
  whats up with all the people who will come out late and set up just 100 yrd from you and sky bust at birds working your dekes.  anyone else know what i mean.  whats the purpose?  besides making me mad enough to send pellets at them.  some guys shoot at birds that it would take a cannon to reach.  don't they realize they just screwed themself for a possble shot.  i love the sport but some of these ying yangs out there don't deserve to have license let alone a gun in their hands.  its so bad where i hunt i don't even bother with opening morning anymore.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: sky busters ???
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2006, 03:29:51 PM »
Skybusters suck!!  >:(    Decoys are there to get birds in range for you...not for them to scare off  ::)
Adam

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
  • I have a thing for redheads
« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2006, 01:05:04 PM »
oh boy..now you have gone and done it..you have got me going on the one thing i cannot and will not stand..if you are the only party in a few hundred yards..fine..waste your ammo..but god dang it..if birds are flying to me and circling my spread and you pull your trigger..i will and do say something...if you continue..i make sure nothing enters the lake because i kill  enough not to care and if you are gonna ruin my hunt..poof yours is shot too.

last year i actually had a guy tell us that ducks dont decoy very well and we need to start siezing the moment like him..i said you numbnutz thats because youve never shot at a duck closer then 40 yards so it could decoy....we knew he would be out the next day..so we purposily bought tons of really good non toxic...set up kinda close...let me tell you something boys...my patternmaster choke tube with tungsten rounds will beat a hilly bill 12 ga with cheap steal in a sky bustin comp any day...he was getting mad..especially when i hit one and it fell in his decoys..lol...we never seen him again...loser..i hate that type of hunting.
"Here they come...TAKE'EM"......  I see dead ducks.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2006, 01:06:19 PM »

last year i actually had a guy tell us that ducks dont decoy very well and we need to start siezing the moment like him..i said you numbnutz thats because youve never shot at a duck closer then 40 yards so it could decoy....we knew he would be out the next day..so we purposily bought tons of really good non toxic...set up kinda close...let me tell you something boys...my patternmaster choke tube with tungsten rounds will beat a hilly bill 12 ga with cheap steal in a sky bustin comp any day...he was getting mad..especially when i hit one and it fell in his decoys..lol...we never seen him again...loser..i hate that type of hunting.

Awesome  ;D
Adam

Offline scansy

• Forked
  • IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #4 on: Sep 08, 2006, 09:28:31 PM »
last year i actually had a guy tell us that ducks dont decoy very well and we need to start siezing the moment like him

??? ???

That guy obviously didn't know how to put out a spread of decoys or call???  That's like saying bears won't come to bait.

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 12, 2006, 02:20:30 PM »
that guy was an idiot...ran into the same problem  a few nights ago when we were goose hunting a water spot....everybody here knows that geese make big circles..but you can tell when they are working a decoy set or not..some idiots about 250 yards away kept taking 60 yard pokes at geese swinging around to get the wind in there face....after 2 or 3 flocks..rather then fly off the coup..i rowed out to retrieve one of the few geese we got before they did..i said to them..we can call(they "could" i guess..lol") and we had alot more dekes...to just sit with us rather then compete(there was only 2 of them and 2 of us)...low and behold when they came over every flock  worked perfectly to our decoys...so i then said..see how bad you were screwing us both..lol he laughed..apoligized and then shot a banded goose..the lucky basterd...all in all an ok night...but boy did it almost suck.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 12, 2006, 02:41:55 PM »
that guy was an idiot...ran into the same problem  a few nights ago when we were goose hunting a water spot....everybody here knows that geese make big circles..but you can tell when they are working a decoy set or not..some idiots about 250 yards away kept taking 60 yard pokes at geese swinging around to get the wind in there face....after 2 or 3 flocks..rather then fly off the coup..i rowed out to retrieve one of the few geese we got before they did..i said to them..we can call(they "could" i guess..lol") and we had alot more dekes...to just sit with us rather then compete(there was only 2 of them and 2 of us)...low and behold when they came over every flock  worked perfectly to our decoys...so i then said..see how bad you were screwing us both..lol he laughed..apoligized and then shot a banded goose..the lucky basterd...all in all an ok night...but boy did it almost suck.

Flock, way to be the bigger man, meet a couple new guys, and show em' how it's supposed to work  ;D
Adam

Offline scansy

• Forked
  • IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #7 on: Sep 13, 2006, 07:24:35 AM »
Flock, way to be the bigger man, meet a couple new guys, and show em' how it's supposed to work  ;D

I would have bitched at/about them.  No bigger man here I guess. :-[

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 13, 2006, 07:27:57 AM »
LOL i normally would have too.....but there calling was soo horrible i had to be a bigger man to shut them up.lol. i normally scream but every now and then i have a "pay it foward" moment.

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #9 on: Sep 13, 2006, 02:16:34 PM »
 Ya I know all about it the second hunt of my life had sky busters involved and I am 13 they didn't even know how to hunt they stand right in the middle of the field  ??? and try birds at distances much to far don't know why people do that me and my dad were sure upset >:( >:(. First 2 hunts this year didn't though so far our little gand has 3 geese and 3 ducks prolly go out tommorow and maybe on the weekend. ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline deer_hunter

• Nubbie
« Reply #10 on: Sep 21, 2006, 12:20:15 PM »
That is why I try to hunt private land where no noe else is allowed. That is why I have great reults.
Here are a couple of the 25 or so we got this early season in Indiana !!!

Offline flockshot

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2006, 01:06:47 PM »
geese usually isnt a problem...our fields dont produce in the afternoon only morning. plus we dont like to over hunt our fields...but ducks and water hunting geese its a problem i hate .

Offline brian d

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Sep 26, 2006, 03:22:54 PM »
We have 4 sections of private land so we don't run into that problem of sky busters.
But what gets me is when we have our decoy's spread and this has happened a few times people try and stock them. One guy will try and get behind and another will try to scare them over.
always a good laugh when they realize what's going on and watching a guy in big boots run through a feild.
Never mind the treaspassing laws they have broken.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal