Author Topic: A satisfied Remington gun owner  (Read 1836 times)

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
A satisfied Remington gun owner
« on: Oct 18, 2007, 01:24:27 PM »
During this mornings hunt, I reloaded my 11-87 super mag and when I went to rack a shell in the chamber, it ended up jamming. I pulled the action back to unjam the shell with my other hand on the barrel when suddenly the entire barrel pulled away from the rest of the gun! And this is during prime shooting time too!  Here I am pulling the gun apart in a foot and a half of weeds and mud (not the smartest thing to do) and trying to figure out what in the hell happened? Did I put the gun together wrong after cleaning????? Finally, I located the problem. The gas discharge ports in the barrel are peiced into a curved bracket that is silver soldered to the barrel and slides down over the magazine. Someone at the Remington factory obviously didn't do too good of a solder job because you could see around the piece and barrel, the solder formed a bead around the outside of the bracket but didn't take anywhere else. I ran up after the morning hunt to the gunsmith down the road, he called up Remington, explained the problem and make/ model of the gun and they are next day delivering a brand new barrel, free of charge!! Now that is what I call service!
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: A satisfied Remington gun owner
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18, 2007, 02:17:54 PM »
I've always had good luck with remington. THey stand by their guns!
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline vivlamored

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Oct 23, 2007, 05:02:54 PM »
i work for remington and we thank you for your support. I wonder what happened usually the gas ring won't blow off its brazed on there using brass and when there is something wron with the bbl its a pain to get them off. That and we send a proff load through the gun (3 times as much charge in that round than you can buy n a store) which is believe it or not designed to blow up the gun. If the gun hold together its deemed safe goes through another process called test and target. here we load up the gun full touch off all the rounds then it goes to target which you can probally figure out what that means. sorry about the screwed up hunt and thatnks for sticking by us and not throwing that gun in the swamp

Offline Swampbuckster

• Forked
  • I'm out of here, to the great outdoors.
    • Lower Michigan Hunting & Fishing
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2007, 06:22:50 PM »
Hey, regardless of the small flaw, great gun and great service from your company. 100% satisfied :)
Say Fred, you go up that ridge......and I'll go down in the swamp.....we'll get that buck. -The Nuge

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal