Author Topic: A nice day in the blind  (Read 4578 times)

Offline Coldfeet

• Nubbie
A nice day in the blind
« on: Aug 30, 2004, 08:19:40 PM »
Here are a few pictures of my son and I in our duck blind haveing a nice hot breakfast and watching a few honkers Cold Feet

Offline BuckShotJon

• Forked
Re: A nice day in the blind
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31, 2004, 07:48:40 AM »
Excellent!

Always nice to see pics of hunters smiling.

Jon

Offline Bobman

• 6 Pointer
  • Shoot him now, shoot him now!!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2004, 08:25:24 AM »
Nice pics, I can't wait for duck season to open.  All the times out duck hunting and I've never carried my camera into the marsh  :(.  We don't hunt from blinds or boats and I'm afraid of it getting dunked.  I'm usually standing up to my you know whats in the water all day.
Their comin' right for us!

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2004, 02:36:23 PM »
Good times, Coldfeet. My son has been out before, however this year he gets to do it for real. We can't get out tomorrow, but we'll be out the 2nd and 3rd!!!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2004, 01:51:22 PM »
For a camara, a disposable inside a plastic bag works great.  Just take it out of the bag get the picture then back in your pocket or pack.  The quality keeps getting better with those. My brown dog photo was taken with a kodak disposable.

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2004, 05:35:51 PM »
LBD, is that a curly coated retriever? Sharp looking dog!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline Blaze Orange

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2004, 12:30:55 AM »
Nice pics. Looks like you had a good time out there. Cant wait untill waterfowl season opens up. There was a  nice sized flock of Canada's in our winter wheat field the other night.  MAn I cant wait ;D
We hunt from a canoe behind a few reeds on the edge. Usually find a point and set up decoy  spread on each side with a landing area directly in front of you.
never fails, when you need to take a leak you miss the big one.

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Spiked
« Reply #7 on: Sep 02, 2004, 07:33:15 AM »
The Little Brown Dog is a Boykin Spaniel.

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 02, 2004, 09:00:12 AM »
Would love to see a larger pic of that little brown dog

Offline Somers

• Spiked
« Reply #9 on: Sep 02, 2004, 10:02:09 AM »
Awsome pics Coldfeet.  Nice looking blind and set up too.  Gettin'a real bad itch behind the desk here. ;D

Offline Coldfeet

• Nubbie
« Reply #10 on: Sep 02, 2004, 04:11:45 PM »
Thanks to all
We have a great time in the duck blind. always a smile when we get to huunt waterfowl. These pictures were from a few years ago and its been a few years sense we got back out duck hunting. Other commitments always seem to get in the way of hunting but maybe this year we might be able to get out again. The Blind is no more it got wrecked by a bunch of kids with nothing better to do with their time. The deke spead has a pothole in front of the blind as this is the begining of the season later we move it one way or the other depending on wind. Also later we add a lot more dekes close to 150 or so and spred them out a little diffrent ot make it look like a safe haven also we rig a few dekes with jerk string if the wind is quiet just to add motion. The hot meals are still the same eggs taters toast for breakfast and lunch is either venison or BBQ hamburgers. The other guys around us are always asking if we have enough to feed them Well sometimes we do Then we combine all our spreads and let the fun begin. Man I love this Sport.
Cold Feet

Offline flagnut

• Spiked
« Reply #11 on: Dec 07, 2007, 03:31:59 PM »
At least you are all happy.but, then you should always be happy when hunting
i love to hunt

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal