Author Topic: saw my first deer ever while hunting!!!...no shot :(  (Read 11283 times)

Offline trying to get my first

• 6 Pointer
Re: saw my first deer ever while hunting!!!...no shot :(
« Reply #15 on: Oct 23, 2008, 09:15:15 PM »
Well got my gear ready and im  guna head out in the AM to my stand.. gunna be COLD 22 degrees feel like 18..by after noon gunna be 60... so i gotta dress warm for the morning hunt. I hope i see something..i never hunted the moring so we will see how it goes..iv been seeing the deer in the afternoon coming out to feed.. so i hope i can catch them off guard coming back from feeding in the am

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Oct 24, 2008, 06:17:12 PM »
Was on stand this afternoon...saw nothing right around the time i was supposed to see the deer..2 fisher cats came in...i didnt want to mess with them..i was going to shoot one but i didnt know if i needed a permit for that..and i didnt want to make them mad...so i just stood up clapped my hand and yelled..they ran away..but my hunt was over any ways.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #17 on: Oct 27, 2008, 07:38:45 AM »
You should have let the fisher cats be. I have had deer come by while watching a fisher cat.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Oct 28, 2008, 06:56:15 PM »
hey bud how old r u.. im 13 ive got 4 shots at 3 bucks 1 doe i have a problem with  deer feaver... dont worry u will get 1
kill it be for u grill it

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Oct 29, 2008, 07:07:04 AM »
hey bud how old r u.. im 13 ive got 4 shots at 3 bucks 1 doe i have a problem with  deer feaver... dont worry u will get 1

I've been hunting for 20 years now and still get buck fever when I see a deer.  You just got to concentrate on where you will shoot and not look at the horns. There is always time to count the antler points after you have killed it.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline TR19

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Oct 29, 2008, 01:46:01 PM »
I've been hunting for 20 years now and still get buck fever when I see a deer.  You just got to concentrate on where you will shoot and not look at the horns. There is always time to count the antler points after you have killed it.

I couldn't agree more!!! I've only had 1 buck out of 23 that I knew how many points it had before I walked up to it. That was a spike that I watched for 5 minutes work toward me before I killed it at 8 yards. Other than that as soon as I know it'a shooter, I don't look at the horns again. I  shot right through a rack when I was 17 or 18 because I kept looking at the horns.

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 29, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »
The first deer I ever shot at with a bow (or anything for that matter) was a nice buck, not huge but about 8pt. well he walked right under my stand, I had no idea where to aim, but I took a shot and missed. But he circled around at about 40yds and was standing perfectly, I aimed again and shot. Well I may have given that boy a circumsion if my shot had been farther back, but I think I gave him a bald spot on his chest, I had put the 20yd pin on a 40yd buck, my shot was so close that there was a pile of hair on the ground. If it had been just 6" higher I'd of had him :'(.

Okay there is my story of my first case of buck fever ten years ago, the other night I was out and there was a buck so small I thought it was a doe but then I saw he had little curls of antler on his head, my heart still raced. I think thats why I love hunting.

Offline Rem14-32

• Forked
« Reply #22 on: Oct 29, 2008, 03:47:07 PM »
Heck, I get Buck fever when I'm in the woods scouting with no gun or bow way before the season opens. And when the season opens and you draw on a nice one it's even worse. But all I can say is it's a good fever.  ;D

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Oct 30, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »
its not buck feaver it deer feaver for me cuz all the deer i shoot at are 200lb.+the dow was like 110

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Nov 07, 2008, 05:31:36 AM »
Anyone know when the rut is gunna start for Massachusetts?

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Nov 07, 2008, 08:06:31 AM »
It should be in full swing.  It is here in central New York.

Try getting a bottle of doe in heat lure and use a LOT of it.  that should draw them in.

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #26 on: Nov 07, 2008, 04:45:49 PM »
mass ggive it a week it has to do witth the amout of light in the day

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Nov 13, 2008, 05:43:25 AM »
Have not seen anything in a while :( i still got time..maybe once gun season open (monday after thanks giving) deer will be moving and anything out of bow range ill be able to shoot at with a shotgun...should i used a 20Gage double barrel side by side or a 12 gage remington pump

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #28 on: Nov 13, 2008, 06:36:26 AM »
Go with the pump.  Don't worry about not seeing deer.  Right now bucks are keeping does that are in heat in the real thick stuff. They'll start moving again real soon.

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #29 on: Nov 14, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »
I was in stand today...sitting there i herd nothing..then from behinde me i herd this noise..like air rushing out of somethign fast (deer breathing hard out) i saw movement..then i herd it again..then he/she was gone...i got out of stand slowly grabbed my grunt tube..and went for the chase..didnt see him/her..walking back home..2 deer i jumped them..70 feet from me id say...raised my bow..but they were gone in a flash..:( gotta keep tring

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal