Author Topic: Scent Question  (Read 1168 times)

Offline nhxbowhunter

• Forked
Scent Question
« on: Sep 02, 2020, 06:31:12 PM »
Hey Folks, I ve been Looking at 2 cover scents. One is Nose Jammer , the other is Scent Thief.. Has anyone used, had any luck with either of these products ? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  Season is coming fast ,,,,,13 days ,,,Lets Get R Done.

Thanks
AND ON THE 8TH DAY GOD CREATED WHITETAILS

Offline benny8

• Forked
Re: Scent Question
« Reply #1 on: Sep 03, 2020, 02:28:36 AM »
Unfortunately, I haven't used either. I try to keep the wind in my favor. Last year I built a couple Scent Crusher style totes for the wife and I. After a hunt, we tossed our clothes in the tote and zapped them with ozone for 20 minutes and we were good to go. Not sure if it was coincidence or not, but we had our best year hunting ever. She took a 130 lb doe and the next day I got a 185 lb 8 point. As far as cover scent, this year I am going to try wood smoking my hunting clothes. I know this didn't answer your question, but thought it might give you some ideas. Good Luck this season!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2020, 04:48:51 AM »
No scent is the best scent, I wouldn’t add anything to the equation. Just get scent free to the best of your ability and have the wind in your face.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2020, 05:12:09 AM »
The only sent i ever use is wood smoke from my stove..  That time of the year you can always smell smoke from one direction or another....  JMO
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2020, 10:37:55 AM »
While I definitely do agree that ZERO scent is better than any other scent, I try as hard as I can to do this and my thought is sometimes I'm sure I still have some type of human scent on me. Most weekdays, I'm running from work to get in the woods, and probably have sweat all over me from the day. I do use the scentlock tote for clothes, but I can't completely eliminate body scent on days like that.
Soo, all that being said, I use the exact same fresh earth scent I've been using for 20 years with excellent results(has to be the one specific brand, nothing else. Dirt smell is natural and I stick with it).  I have the same routine for scent cover every single time I go out. I hunt on the ground alot during firearms season, as well as in a tree, and I've had many many deer come in downwind and not know I'm there.
So basically just find what works for you, and stay consistent with it. That's been my experience.

Offline bikrsrule

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 03, 2020, 04:01:29 PM »
I totally agree with Frank (aqua) no scent and hunt the wind..

Offline lv2hunt

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2020, 08:38:21 AM »
agree with hunt and fish I've had great luck early season on my bow stand using a bug repellant called no stinking bugs fall earth scent. it smells exactly like a loam pile had many deer under and all around me at any given time so I'm assuming it works for cover scent. but obviously no scent is best.

Offline zwiggles

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2020, 09:54:45 AM »
I really like to use the cover sprays on my feet, and hands especially when I go scouting and grab the cameras. I’ve noticed the last two years the deer seem to linger and smell the area around the cameras if I haven’t used it on my hands in particular. I figure they can smell the oils from my hands on the cameras, but who knows.

Offline Huntnfish603

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2020, 10:19:37 AM »
Time will tell boys.
Only 7 days left!!!!! I've got lots of daytime buck activity at 3 of my spots. One is a droptine 9 pointer. Pumped.
Definitely Getting the fever  now when I go outside at 5am and it's crisp with the low fog in the woods and field.
Letssss Gooooo......

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal