Author Topic: predictions?  (Read 4063 times)

Offline BearHunter60

• Forked
predictions?
« on: Jul 13, 2007, 03:28:16 PM »
Anyone have any predictions on this years hunting season after we had an easy winter and the spike horn restrictions? i know that i have been seeing a lot of deer out in fields at night but it was that way last year and i didn't even get a shot off all season.

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
Re: predictions?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 21, 2007, 01:10:06 PM »
I had a great season last year but I think this year will be better. I predict a all time record buck harvest. I have seen at least 50 bucks inthe last couple weeks that will be legal shooters. Ive seen an average of 2-4 bucks per day. I cant say that I have ever seen it so good in n.e Vt. Good luck everyone.

JimP

« Reply #2 on: Sep 08, 2007, 04:30:44 AM »
Deer herd in VT is still (overall) in lousy shape and at extremely low population levels, less than 25% of what it was a decade ago. It'll come back on its own in time and frankly, would do better with NO input from VT Fish & Wildlife, as opposed to their so-called management practices....Wayne LaRoche is the biggest moron I've ever met and so full of himself it's disgusting. He'll lie straight-faced with no qualms. He did to me, and with Gov Douglas standing within earshot! I can't imagine a worse choice for F & W Commissioner....     -Jim
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2007, 05:48:33 AM by JimP »

Offline hilltopper

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2007, 02:17:46 PM »
I predict that the ridiculous rule of no doe during bow season in the NEK will mean I'll be doing my bowhunting in NH. As bad as the general deer population is in the NEK, the buck-to-doe ration is even worse. Finally have my own land to hunt in NH and am very happy to do so!

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2007, 10:58:44 AM »
Deer herd in VT is still (overall) in lousy shape and at extremely low population levels, less than 25% of what it was a decade ago. It'll come back on its own in time and frankly, would do better with NO input from VT Fish & Wildlife, as opposed to their so-called management practices....Wayne LaRoche is the biggest moron I've ever met and so full of himself it's disgusting. He'll lie straight-faced with no qualms. He did to me, and with Gov Douglas standing within earshot! I can't imagine a worse choice for F & W Commissioner....     -Jim

It could be worse, you could have an anti  running your DEC like NY does.  :P
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

JimP

« Reply #5 on: Sep 19, 2007, 09:28:07 AM »
I can't imagine things worse than the past few years, as far as the deer herd goes and I don't blame anyone at all, for hunting elsewhere for deer. The buck-to-doe ratio has forever been whacked-out here in VT and as far as I can tell, always will be. There's a reason VT is rated dead last, of all the US states, as far as deer health, numbers and hunter success goes.  :(   Thankfully, they haven't managed to eradicate the turkey, moose and bear yet......

Offline hilltopper

• Nubbie
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2007, 10:25:30 AM »
JimP,

When you say VT's rated dead last, what publication are you siting? I'd be interested in checking it out....

hilltopper

Offline MikeVT

• Fawn
« Reply #7 on: Sep 26, 2007, 01:46:15 PM »
Not looking great in Southwest VT, but is looking better that the past couple of years.  Still have a long way to come back.

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
« Reply #8 on: Sep 30, 2007, 02:20:08 PM »
I dont know about being dead last. We do have a stronger herd than we did three years ago but we definitely need to kill alot of does to get the ratio where it needs to be.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal