MHF US Northeast > Hunting New Hampshire
Started scouting a new location for Deer season, this weekend.
(1/2) > >>
surflizard:
I recently got permission to hunt on a farm that has been posted for years. I did some remodeling for the property owner and he gave me his blessing to hunt on his property. Due to some out of state hunters hunting on his property without asking permission and them leaving trash and the pasture gates open and his cattle getting scattered, he posted it ! I've always wanted to hunt this property for years. When I was working on the house, I brought up the subject of asking land owners for permission to hunt on their property's. He was really happy with the remodeling that I did for him and his wife, He said as long as I was mindful of closing gates and not leaving any trash, I was more than welcome to hunt on his property !
He also mentioned, he wouldn't mind having some fresh Venison too !  ;D  He took me out on the tractor a couple of weeks ago to show me a field and the Pine grove where the deer yard up. He wasn't kidding, some of the entry and exit trails coming into this pine grove are 6" to 8" deep ! I talked to him about using Deer cain and making some Salt Licks, he thought that was pretty clever and gave me a written land owner permission slip. I'll go up next weekend and put in the licks and trail cams and let them get good and comfortable with them. I hung the stand yesterday and scouted all of the food sources in the area, things are looking real good ! Had to scrape Deer, Moose and Bear sheet off the boots when I got home, Ya, I'd say it's looking real good this year !  ;D
drobertsinMaryland:
Nice surflizard good luck this season.
newfound:
Good luck to you SL.
Remember to post pics.

Newfound
aquaassassin:
thats awesome sounds like your job has more perks them just paying bills, if I remember right you scored yourself a boat launch on an island this yr. to didnt ya?
surflizard:
Ya Aqua, even an old dog gets a bone once in a while !  ;D
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version