Author Topic: Gun Control Insanity  (Read 12580 times)

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
Gun Control Insanity
« on: Feb 18, 2013, 10:11:48 AM »

In January, a 5-year-old girl was suspended from Mount Carmel Area Elementary School in central Pennsylvania for allegedly speaking about shooting herself and another girl.

It turned out she was talking about her bright pink “Hello Kitty” gun, which shoots bubbles.

Her mother said the girl and two friends had been “pretending to be kitty cats” and talking about butterflies and ladybugs when the bubbles and the bubble gun came up.

The 5-year-old was questioned by three staff members and written up for making a “terroristic threat,” said Kelly Guarna, the girl’s mother.

Finger guns are apparently deadly, too. More here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/finger-guns-toy-guns-and-threats-the-fallout-of-sandy-hook/2013/02/17/d021b4fe-7533-11e2-95e4-6148e45d7adb_story.html and here: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/18/zero-tolerance-policies-schools-face-backlash-wake/
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline rebelss

• Forked
  • Gun control is using both hands
Re: Gun Control Insanity
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2013, 11:33:06 AM »
I don't promote violence, but there ARE some adults that should be slapped upside the head.  Just totally friggin' insane.  ::)
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2013, 11:33:48 AM by rebelss »

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2013, 12:33:44 PM »
All I can say is WOW...dumb.

Luke

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2013, 01:18:02 PM »
wow a little paranoid maybe come on this is ridicules,wonder what these nuts would think about all the times growin up we played army or cops and robbers
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline bucksnort

• 8 Pointer
  • mealworm on the shanty
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
i had also heard on the radio in jearsey a 7 year girl was suspended for bringing a card board cut out of a gun to school that her grandfather gave her,i guess they were playing the day before and the cut out was mistakenly left in her pocket
oh yeah buzzy...he's a racker

TED NUGENT FOR PRESIDENT

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2013, 01:49:05 PM »

Looks to me like they going way over board with it ; Eating a Pastry hahaha   ;D ;D

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2013, 05:49:44 AM »
Zero tolerance policies are great when it comes to lawyers, since there is no gray area.  But common sense is not black and white - it needs a lot of gray.   ::)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2013, 07:14:45 AM »

Looks to me like they going way over board with it ; Eating a Pastry hahaha   ;D ;D

Wait a minute; Those "POP" tarts can go off at any time and I think there are more than 7 in a box....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2013, 08:10:09 AM »
Wait a minute; Those "POP" tarts can go off at any time and I think there are more than 7 in a box....hunts2long

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline rebelss

• Forked
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »
Now pastry ::) ::) ::) ::) :http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/mar/3/7-year-old-md-boy-suspended-shaping-pastry-gun/

Huh...Looks like the state of Idaho to me.... ;D 
Good thing she didn't have a bag of these gummies with her...she'd probably be in Pelican Bay right now.

I think they should ban chocolate Easter Bunnies, too, 'cuz everyone knows the first thing ya do is bite the ear off, and then they're gonna have to report you to PETA.   ::)
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2013, 10:00:32 AM by rebelss »

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2013, 10:17:22 AM »
‘Fresh Prince Of Bel Air’ Theme Song Gets Pennsylvania Teen Arrested
DOUG MATACONIS   ·   SATURDAY, MARCH 2, 2013   ·   20 COMMENTS
This may qualify as the most ridiculous law enforcement over-reaction in a long time:
AMBRIDGE (KDKA) — Schools were locked down in Ambridge, after a perceived threat on a cell phone message.
Ambridge police say 19-year-old Travis Clawson had an eye appointment scheduled for today. When the receptionist called to confirm, she thought Clawson’s voice message said something to the effect of “I can’t come to the phone right now, because I’m going to kill all the (expletive) at my school.”
According to the Times-Online, the message was actually him singing part of the theme song to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air TV sitcom, “shooting some b-ball outside of the school.”
The paper says it’s not clear from listening to Travis Clawson’s phone message whether he inadvertently twisted the words or it just was misheard by the receptionist from his Sewickley eye doctor’s office who sent the day’s events in motion.
The Times-Online says that receptionist called Sewickley police, who then contacted Ambridge school officials. When Ambridge passed the information along to local police, a countywide schools lockdown was ordered because no one knew where Clawson was, and the 911 response system is designed to notify all schools of a situation.
They surrounded the school, and arrested Clawson.His locker was searched, but police say they didn’t find anything.
He has been taken to Ambridge Police for questioning but the newspaper reports he will not face any charges.

Offline rebelss

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2013, 10:23:49 AM »
And it just gets worse...a 16 yo wrestles a gun away from another potential shooter...and gets suspended for his "action" because he was "involved in a gun incident"...  This crazy $#@! has to stop somewhere; it's so out of control right now, it reminds me of lemmings running to the proverbial cliff....

http://www.inquisitr.com/553098/students-wrestle-gun-away-from-potential-school-shooter-get-suspended/
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2013, 10:24:33 AM by rebelss »

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2013, 10:44:40 AM »
Its crazy............ >:( >:(

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2013, 06:03:13 AM »
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal