Author Topic: Wire Haired Pointing Griffons  (Read 3283 times)

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
Wire Haired Pointing Griffons
« on: Sep 21, 2012, 07:13:31 PM »
Greetings Folks, 

Anybody here own or hunted over a WPG?

After a lot of research I'm very intrigued by this breed for their ability in both water and upland conditions.  It appears that kennels are few and far between, particularly in the northeast.   Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
« Last Edit: Sep 21, 2012, 07:14:12 PM by brace »
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
Re: Wire Haired Pointing Griffons
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2012, 08:26:08 PM »
Greetings Folks, 

Anybody here own or hunted over a WPG?

After a lot of research I'm very intrigued by this breed for their ability in both water and upland conditions.  It appears that kennels are few and far between, particularly in the northeast.   Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

No, I own three Springers but I've always been by their looks. Pretty dogs very good reps.

Peddler   8) 8) 8)
Peddler

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 24, 2012, 07:27:11 AM »
my boss has them and just got rid of 8 puppies and they love them.  They are awesome dogs and my h=understanding is that they are awesome for hunting dogs and very much loyal...they come to the office alot and have spent time with them.....They seem to be a very smart breed and want to play as well as hunt......I can give you the website if you want just PM me and I will send it to you...The breeder does have 2 broods a year.........but they are done for this year....They are in central ny or upstate in sandy pond area if interested....I might take the runt but a bit pricy...999.00 but you will get a champ at that price......They are a great dog...not to big not to yappy.....and they are non allgeric as well as no shedding......I had 8 puppy up here and was babysitting them for a few hours just last weeks........I think they are awesome....didnt get much work done that day to say the least.........

Offline THEOZON

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2012, 09:14:18 AM »

Satie my German wiredhaired pointer. This dog is great love her!

USE WHAT YA GOT TO GET WHAT YA NEED !

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2012, 10:25:59 AM »
yep, i have a new pup.  he is the third in our family. his moma is from northern vermont and his daddy is from north dakota. excellent family dogs and even better hunters. ducks, geese, woodcock, partridge and pheasant plus they will run rabbits if you allow it. they were used for running fox and other small hgame originally. ours go to work w/ us most days and just hang around the truck. very hardy dogs too. illness is def not an issue. we hunt up to camp for 6 days and they go all day everyday hard and have plenty of gas left. at 10 weeks mine was turkey scouting w/ me doing 4-5 miles on any given day and crossing swift currents w/out any hesitation lol. my pup is from a litter my father just had (windy ridge kennels) and it is possible another litter could be coming soon. usually all pups are spoken for well before they are ready to go though. if you have FB you couyld check out my parents site at windy ridge kennels. lotsa pics and info.

here is a pic of whelen @ 10 weeks. you will be seeing him at 7 months next week if the woodcock cooperate lol

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2012, 10:41:27 AM »
yep, i have a new pup.  he is the third in our family. his moma is from northern vermont and his daddy is from north dakota. excellent family dogs and even better hunters. ducks, geese, woodcock, partridge and pheasant plus they will run rabbits if you allow it. they were used for running fox and other small hgame originally. ours go to work w/ us most days and just hang around the truck. very hardy dogs too. illness is def not an issue. we hunt up to camp for 6 days and they go all day everyday hard and have plenty of gas left. at 10 weeks mine was turkey scouting w/ me doing 4-5 miles on any given day and crossing swift currents w/out any hesitation lol. my pup is from a litter my father just had (windy ridge kennels) and it is possible another litter could be coming soon. usually all pups are spoken for well before they are ready to go though. if you have FB you couyld check out my parents site at windy ridge kennels. lotsa pics and info.

here is a pic of whelen @ 10 weeks. you will be seeing him at 7 months next week if the woodcock cooperate lol

He is beautiful !

Peddler  8) 8) 8)
Peddler

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
thanks! my wife must think so, she cropped me out of the pic lol. his mustache and eyebrows have come in like they are supposed to since nthat picture was taken. of the other puppies we sold 1 went to mass, 1 went to machias, 1 to vermont, 1 to acton and i kept one and two were still borns unfortunatley.

memorial day headed to abbot

4th of july learning water retrieval

and a couple weeks ago, waitin on hunting season to get here

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2012, 12:23:42 PM »
oh god what a beauty she is......making me want the runt more and more....stop showing these pretty pups........I guess I gonna give in soon if you dont stop showing off the pups..........she is awesome....glad you got her...she looks like fun

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Sep 24, 2012, 12:29:13 PM »
i have got pics of the whole liter from the time they were born and up through 8 weeks but im sure ppl are sick of seeing them lol. i actually caught mine when it was born. for some reason abbi, my dads female like to have them while standing up. i was plowing driveways and my mom called and said she was having them and since my parents house is a few miles down the road i went down and she was having mr whelen while i was there. also on my parents site there are pics of the other litter mates grown up to now (about 7 months) if you are interested in what they look like because believe me, they all look very different sometimes from one another. facial hair wise and colors and sizes.

-Brandon

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Sep 24, 2012, 01:28:54 PM »
i have got pics of the whole liter from the time they were born and up through 8 weeks but im sure ppl are sick of seeing them lol. i actually caught mine when it was born. for some reason abbi, my dads female like to have them while standing up. i was plowing driveways and my mom called and said she was having them and since my parents house is a few miles down the road i went down and she was having mr whelen while i was there. also on my parents site there are pics of the other litter mates grown up to now (about 7 months) if you are interested in what they look like because believe me, they all look very different sometimes from one another. facial hair wise and colors and sizes.

-Brandon

well I peeked at fb pages and yep they are come cute pups......Love the one that looks like a goat herd.....all dogs look great........just wish I didnt look now.......thats for the fb page they are sweet

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #10 on: Sep 24, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
WOW, that is one handsome dog Tally!!!  Your write-up has finalized it for me - I'm getting one...
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Sep 24, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
Nice looking pup.

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2012, 04:51:01 PM »
if you are interested my fathers female IS pregnant and due around the end of the month....

Offline Lundin-loading

• Spiked
« Reply #13 on: Oct 17, 2012, 05:34:34 PM »
Those are some great shots tally, the facial hair is so distinguishing on these dogs I love it!!

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Oct 17, 2012, 05:44:26 PM »
we hunted him fir the first time this past weekend. 7 months old, we killed 10 birds. could have had more but we dont shoot em out of the roads anymore. much more fun w/ the dogs. you dont seem to actually kill as many sometimes cuz its thick cover and they are fast flyers but the shooting is fun and the dogs locking up is a pretty proud moment every time they do it. his moma is pregnant so she missed this trip but his dad was w/ us and i do have to give gunner the credit on picking up nthe slack w/ the birds. he is phenomonal but whelen did really really well and is coming ionto it at about the same npace as his parents. when he gets out of his puppy stage he will really come into his own. and thanks for the kind words! ill post some pics when i get a minute.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal