Author Topic: Your dream hunt  (Read 10451 times)

Offline Bear

• Nubbie
  • Killed this buck with my bare hands
Your dream hunt
« on: Aug 19, 2004, 03:05:28 PM »
I have two dream hunts.

My number one dream hunt would be to hunt the huge grizzly bears in the wilderness of russia.

My other dream hunt would be to hunt javelina in arizona.

One of thos can happen :), the other definitely couldn't :'(
Watch out for the Bear. I'm hunting YOU!!!!

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
  • Harvesting the Old Doe's is sound management !!
Re: Your dream hunt
« Reply #1 on: Aug 19, 2004, 03:18:05 PM »
Bear.....they are both accessible to do, unless there is a reason I don't know about?

Steve

Offline Bear

• Nubbie
  • Killed this buck with my bare hands
« Reply #2 on: Aug 19, 2004, 03:19:40 PM »
i think hunting for grizzly bears period is illegal in russia if you are not a citizen, not sure if it's true but it's what I've heard ???
Watch out for the Bear. I'm hunting YOU!!!!

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Aug 19, 2004, 03:24:21 PM »
I thought I seen an advertisement for it in a outdoor mag.  I'll look into it.

My dream hunt is up in Alaska for Kodiak Browns, a Yukon Moose, and throw in a Caribou or two for good measure.  And all these I want to harvest with my bow  8)

Steve

Offline reubenpa

• Forked
  • OH MY... I can't stop shaking!!!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2004, 05:38:31 PM »
My dream hunt is anywhere for moose.  The old church room is connected to my house.  A 25X 40 foot room and I want a big moose head hangin  over the door.. now that would look sweet!!!!!     
Come on Archery season

Offline The Smokestick Kid

• 6 Pointer
  • When the hammer drops, the B.S. stops!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2004, 05:53:32 PM »
Well, I want to hunt trophy whitetails in Kansas...Yukon moose in Alaska...browns on Kodiak Island...and elk in the foothills of the Rockies. I'd also love to take a Pope and Young class bighorn or dall ram. It would be a lot of work, but I have always thought they are just awesome animals. The dall sheep are beautiful.

-Zach

Offline treed942000

• Forked
  • We're In Training, May We Hunt Well
« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2004, 06:38:55 PM »
I would just like to be able to find time away from the military to hunt deer back home in Iowa with the old man.  That would be a dream that hasn't happened in many years.  Maybe this December.

May the Bird Fly Right,
TReed
May the Bird Fly Right,
TReed

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2004, 07:14:55 PM »
Personally, I would love to do a Canadian Caribou hunt with bow and rifle. If I can't do that, I would like to take a Maine Moose with bow!

But my DREAM HUNT is to be with Venisonman the 3rd ( my son )when he gets his first deer!!!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2004, 08:11:41 PM »
I would just like to be able to find time away from the military to hunt deer back home in Iowa with the old man.  That would be a dream that hasn't happened in many years.  Maybe this December.

May the Bird Fly Right,
TReed

TReed, where are you stationed at? 

Offline reubenpa

• Forked
  • OH MY... I can't stop shaking!!!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2004, 09:48:26 PM »
Cider, you have a lot of planning to do and a lot of money making to do for all those dreams...     Do you sleep all the time or something , how do you dream that much!!!  lol ;D ;D
Come on Archery season

Offline dogfish

• Spiked
« Reply #10 on: Aug 20, 2004, 05:58:35 AM »
The list of hunts I would like to do is endless.  This weekend I leave to hunt Caribou up near Ungava Bay Quebec with my Dad.  Dad is 75 and I think I am lucky to still be able to do a trip like this with him.  But as far as a dream hunt, everytime I leave the house (or camp) with a gun or bow it is a dream hunt to me.
Eric

Offline treed942000

• Forked
  • We're In Training, May We Hunt Well
« Reply #11 on: Aug 20, 2004, 06:24:34 AM »

May the Bird Fly Right,
TReed

TReed, where are you stationed at? 

Headquarters, USMC.  I'm currently working for the Medical Officer of the Marine Corps.  Looks like I'll be here another 2 years.

TReed
May the Bird Fly Right,
TReed

Offline USMC130FE

• Forked
« Reply #12 on: Aug 20, 2004, 07:27:10 AM »
Nice cushy job right  ;)  You in the Corps or Navy?  Theres some good hunting in that area, well with a little driving anyways.  Fishing around Quantico is good.

Steve

Offline Fishboy899

• Spiked
  • Nothing better than bow season!
« Reply #13 on: Aug 20, 2004, 09:43:52 PM »
My dream hunt would be to go to Kansas and hunt whitetail with my bow.  I would also like to hunt in Bear in Canada. :)

Offline sbfpa_Mike

• Forked
  • Everyone has a goal
« Reply #14 on: Aug 20, 2004, 10:17:49 PM »
My dream hunt is SE Minnesota for that P & Y whitetail with the bow.  The dream part comes in when my Dad decides to pick up the bow to hunt deer again with me.
If you can catch it,  trap it,  jig it,  or kill it,  there is a place to talk about it.
Ice Fishing @ www.iceshanty.com Fishing @ www.myfishfinder.com Hunting @ www.myhuntingforum.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal