Author Topic: superstitions and traditions.  (Read 12753 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: superstitions and traditions.
« Reply #45 on: Oct 06, 2010, 08:04:34 PM »
My girlfriend is my good luck charm, seriously. She went hunting with my twice last year, saw deer both times. Had the white squirrel show up both times too, and hang around for over 30 minutes one day. Took her turkey hunting 4-5 times and had some form of action every time. She doesn't like heights though, she's only gotten to ~12' up a tree stand so far. Maybe I'll try to get her to wait in the truck while I'm bow hunting ;) She'd probably see the buck I'm looking for though walk right up to the truck ;D

I take my wife turkey hunting and she never offer's any kind of action, You have some every time?  Aww just kidding steve. Some people really do have beginners luck. My dad has a deer hoof on a pole. Last year he made track's all around my cousin's truck while he was on stand. He thought it was a deer walking around when he got back.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #46 on: Oct 06, 2010, 08:09:40 PM »
Thats evil Bog....i like it.... 8)

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #47 on: Oct 06, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »
I do everything the same pretty much everytime...however, usually when something gets screwed up or plans change, or wake up late, move stands...thats when something special happens...shot my biggest buck almost throwing up from being hungover and Cheeks never even showed up...shot my second biggest buck after missing a spike horn with 5 shots reloaded and 10 minutes later the 8 point came out in the same spot as the spike...one shot...shot my biggest Buck with a bow last year when I wore an old Conifer Camo snowsuit I use to wear when I was a kid cause my new clothes were still soaked from the day before...change routine or plans and good things happen!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #48 on: Oct 06, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »
Bog, that's always on the back burner in case it gets real boring ;). Doesn't seem to work out that way though.

Huntny30, I agree completely. Most of the nice bucks my father has shot has been in jeans running into the woods late. Giving up all hope seems to work for me.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #49 on: Oct 06, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »
Bog, that's always on the back burner in case it gets real boring ;). Doesn't seem to work out that way though.

Huntny30, I agree completely. Most of the nice bucks my father has shot has been in jeans running into the woods late. Giving up all hope seems to work for me.

Ok, I was worried it was just me. ;D ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #50 on: Oct 07, 2010, 05:42:56 AM »
huntny30 - I think I know why you had the special things happen in each case.  You modified your scent profile - once with puke, once with burnt powder, and once with ancient clothing.   8)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #51 on: Oct 07, 2010, 05:56:15 AM »
True...the first change in scent never smelled like puke, but I did probably wreak of all the flavors from the night before...the rest are so true...I like going retro every once in a while...I have too many Hunting outfits and most are retired...as well as guns...but every once in a while I go throw back and sometimes it works... :D
John Wayne

Offline Skidda

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #52 on: Oct 08, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
If I am lucky enough to see the elusive whitetail I try to wear the same clothes till I harvest one. I carry the same knife, wear the same coat, wear one of two pairs of boots (depending on the temp.) carry the same rifle. If I go a few hunts without at least spooking a deer I will change the bullets in my clip. But I don't think I am superstitious or anything like that. ;) ;)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #53 on: Oct 08, 2010, 06:02:46 PM »
If I am lucky enough to see the elusive whitetail I try to wear the same clothes till I harvest one. I carry the same knife, wear the same coat, wear one of two pairs of boots (depending on the temp.) carry the same rifle. If I go a few hunts without at least spooking a deer I will change the bullets in my clip. But I don't think I am superstitious or anything like that. ;) ;)

Doesn't sound it to me. ;D

Offline Zorros Shack

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #54 on: Oct 10, 2010, 10:23:58 AM »
A first time hunter with my Uncle Karl, shoot the buck when your gutting him you place "the fuzzy dice" in the tree near where the deer landed dead. Had to do that my first time!

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #55 on: Oct 10, 2010, 06:41:09 PM »
I do number my Arrows and depending on the day and some weird gut feeling...I switch up what arrow is knocked...I use to always start the season with my #3 arrow because I was a huge Dale E. fan...
John Wayne

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #56 on: Oct 11, 2010, 09:43:37 AM »
Nothing wrong with that huntny30!! Mine are all numbered as well. I think the #3 is second in line..... ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal