Author Topic: finally got my trapper certification  (Read 2366 times)

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
finally got my trapper certification
« on: Aug 04, 2005, 10:56:57 AM »
i finally got my trapping certifcation last week, passed the test with a 99 ;D ;D im pumped
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
Re: finally got my trapper certification
« Reply #1 on: Aug 04, 2005, 04:41:36 PM »
Read those mags, talk to trappers, and start the preperation for the great slaying of the furbearers

MASTERGUIDE

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2005, 08:41:31 PM »
i have been reading FFG for years, i probably wont start trapping until next year, as i have no traps but when i do starts i plan on trying for coons,coyotes and maybe muskrats.

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05, 2005, 12:24:02 AM »
why not this year, yeah sounds good, maybe even try hound hunting for coon, that way if you have a bad day, you can take a dog out and get about 10 of them in about 2-5 hours of hunting, its fun if you try it. Just get some #2's they can catch alot of species.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05, 2005, 09:33:56 AM »
why not this year, yeah sounds good, maybe even try hound hunting for coon, that way if you have a bad day, you can take a dog out and get about 10 of them in about 2-5 hours of hunting, its fun if you try it. Just get some #2's they can catch alot of species.

MASTERGUIDE

i dont have any traps yet so i plan on getting them for x mas and then the seasons are pretty much over. so ill have to wait for next year.

iv always wanted to run coon hounds but my mom wont let me get anymore dogs, she says one is enough ???

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05, 2005, 12:13:28 PM »
yeah, alot of my friends had that problem, keep hacking away maybe someday, I got the same response, and by the time I graduated I had an acre size kennel, with 7 dogs.

MASTERGUIDE

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal