Author Topic: air gun suggestions?  (Read 1331 times)

lord-dna

air gun suggestions?
« on: Jun 10, 2005, 12:15:10 PM »
I am looking to buy a nice air rifle to do some squirrel and target shooting with the kids.  What do people out there have and would you recommend it?  I was looking at the gamos, either the 220 or shadow but I read on some other pages that they are just wimpy models and other are better.  what do you say.

Offline redeyes

• Forked
  • nothings better than being out in the woods
Re: air gun suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12, 2005, 05:07:21 PM »
my friend just bought a Winchester .177 air rifle, out of cabelas for $129, he just got it today, and says it feels like a .22, Ill check it out, and tell ya how it shoots.
red

Offline shrub

• 6 Pointer
  • out looking for the big one
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21, 2005, 10:47:46 AM »
i would say a crossmen .177 pumpmaster i have a older one but one of my buddies has a newer one, they shoot both pellets and bbs. they are pretty acurete and you can contorrl how powerfull they are by how many time you pump it. and they cost less than 50 bucks.
I didnt reach the top of the food chain to be a vegatarin!!!!

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2005, 02:14:41 AM »
An Anshutz, Feinwerkbau, are the best you can get, they are precision .177 air rifles that work really well, the price is high, about 1,500 - 2,500  but they are worth it, open peep sights or big scopes are good on these, and most of the time you need a sight rail riser, but on the lower end, I would say a daisy CZ, it has the basic adjustments like the trigger, cheek piece and stuff on it, that thing with raised sight rails with a giant scope is awesome.  These are all compressed air guns. Get a scuba tank with an adapter and you won't need a fill for along time, the daisy runs about 450, Match any of these guns (do ammo tests/ and test different lot #'s) with some H&N/Finale Match pellets and you will be able to put pellet after pellet through the same hole, in a vice the groups have to be measured with a special tool, becuase it is more like just one hole, and the size of the hole is measured.  You can't really tell more than one pellet went through, thats how good these guns are, I have more info if you want about where to get one. I own em all, so this is no bs, these are the best, and they win the olympics every time. Anyway thats my recomendation.

MASTERGUIDE

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal