Author Topic: skeeters  (Read 2248 times)

Offline redeyes

• Forked
  • nothings better than being out in the woods
skeeters
« on: Apr 19, 2005, 07:30:06 PM »
whats a good tick/skeeter repellant that doesnt stink while hunting?
red

Offline archbishop

• 8 Pointer
Re: skeeters
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2005, 06:39:10 AM »
i use body wash and deoderant by hunters specialties keeps them away pretty good also i watched a show on repellant and AVON yes AVON makes a skeeter repellant that woirks the best and is  "scent free" i have some i use for fishing but it has sunblock in it so it has a little odor my wife has all the avon so i will get some and let you know what I think but the bugs arent too bad come deer season so i have never put much thought into it but will check it out

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2005, 02:18:34 AM »
Try using nets, but if you have to use a liquid, there is that Burts Bees LemonGrass, cake that on, its a little messy, but it works and it won't scare away the animals.  Thats about the only "Safe" all natural stuff thats easy to find, there are others but look around for them.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline carphunter

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Aug 03, 2005, 07:07:17 AM »
A buddy of mine just got back from bear hunting in canada and he said those thermocell's were the best thing he had ever saw. He said when you got to your stand and lit the thing everything wen't away, about 10' from him. He said it was like someone had put a big clear balloon around him.
        Jim
AKA carpcatcher

Offline SDpheasant

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Aug 03, 2005, 08:55:19 AM »
ive never had a problem with mosquitos while hunting, usually they are all gone by october, and then it wouldnt matter, cuz usually the only part of flesh i have that they could bite is my face and hands!

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Aug 03, 2005, 11:47:18 PM »
Bear hunters, and deer hunting opens in mid-september, and coon hunting in the summer, (training)  they can definitly be a problem, but yeah fall and winter is a relief.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 2005, 11:48:36 PM »
Whats a thermocell? is it a diff name for a net?

Offline carphunter

• Forked
« Reply #7 on: Aug 08, 2005, 09:05:49 AM »
No, it's not a net. It's a butain powered something or the other. All the sporting goods store have them now. Also they are advertised all over the hunting chanel's. I just checked and their web site is www.thermacell.com, that will explain it to you.
         Jim
AKA carpcatcher

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Aug 08, 2005, 12:25:47 PM »
Thanks Jim

MASTERGUIDE

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Aug 15, 2005, 01:06:34 PM »