Author Topic: welcome tomturkey  (Read 722 times)

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
welcome tomturkey
« on: Jul 01, 2013, 03:42:11 AM »

Welcome aboard from the Adirondacks in upstate N.Y.. Where are you from, tell us what you like to hunt & w/what weapon? ???

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
Re: welcome tomturkey
« Reply #1 on: Jul 01, 2013, 04:01:48 AM »
Welcome to the site from the NEK of Vt.

Offline tomturkey

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 01, 2013, 07:37:41 AM »
Thanks guys

I am from central Michigan, about 40 miles north of Grand Rapids. We live at a 350 acre private lake. We have som pretty good fishing with a lot of big bass. Our pike population took a hit last summer due to the water getting to hot, killing a lot of them so now we have to many dink gills.

I originally come from the most westerly place in lower Michgan. For you dune buggy people that is the Silver Lake sand dunes. I still have property over there and go there to do most of my hunting. Turkey hunting has been my real passion since they were first brought back to Michigan. Spent a lot of time trapping beaver untill my worn out body said that's enough of this stuff.

Weapon wise it is my 835 for small game and my 284 Winchester model 100 for deer.

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2013, 08:36:52 AM »
Forum just keeps getting new members.The forum I think you will really enjoy. Welcome :) :)
no information

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Jul 01, 2013, 08:46:16 AM »
Welcome to the site....  I lived in Holland for several years and once ran my Toyota truck through the SL dunes....   Sure miss fishing off the Holand pier...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline tomturkey

• Nubbie
« Reply #5 on: Jul 03, 2013, 07:31:25 AM »
Like a lot of the natives we stay away from the dunes, To many crazies out there. I think it has been over 20 years since I have set foot on them.

Same with Silver Lake it self. I never fish it in the summer. The jet skis and power boats pulling skiers use your boat a  slalom marker.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #6 on: Jul 03, 2013, 07:33:00 AM »
This was early and mid 80's so it wasn't bad.... ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal