MHF US Northeast > Hunting Connecticut
Ammo Certificate
(1/3) > >>
Soupy1957:
The State of CT mailed BACK my Application and Check, and told me they were revamping the form to include a statement that all Applicants must show up in person (Exit 20 off of I91) to get their Ammunition Certificate.

I went there, I was in and out in 15 minutes, and I walked out with a card that looks very similar to our Driver's License, and a 5 year Expiration Date.

-Soupy1957
peddler:
Can you say police state!!!

Peddler  8)
Green Mountian Hunter:

--- Quote from: Soupy1957 on Jul 19, 2013, 03:07:00 AM ---The State of CT mailed BACK my Application and Check, and told me they were revamping the form to include a statement that all Applicants must show up in person (Exit 20 off of I91) to get their Ammunition Certificate.

I went there, I was in and out in 15 minutes, and I walked out with a card that looks very similar to our Driver's License, and a 5 year Expiration Date.

-Soupy1957

--- End quote ---
What is it for ? To sell ammo
Spikehorn11:
Is this to buy?
Soupy1957:

--- Quote from: Spikehorn11 on Jul 19, 2013, 11:06:25 AM ---Is this to buy?

--- End quote ---

As of October 1st, 2013 (?) you will not be able to purchase Ammunition in the State of CT, without an Ammo Certificate.

There MAY be other optional allowances, with regard to having a Pistol Permit but I'm not sure.  I don't carry or own a Pistol, nor intend to.

Also, since I already have all the Long Guns (Hunting Rifles) that I want, that will last me the rest of my life, I didn't go get the OTHER Certificate for Long Gun Purchasing.

The "best" choice for me, was to just get the Ammunition Certificate.

The "online" Applicaiton (by the way) at the DEP website, is being revamped.  The original Application that was posted there, (which I had printed out) did NOT include a statement which is now on the NEW form (when available on line, I don't know), stating that all Applicants must go in person to the Middletown location, to get their photo ID.

Don't forget to bring a check for $35.00 when you go!!

-Soupy1957
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version